Pee out Fat???

houstondoll
on 9/15/04 1:40 am - Houston, TX
I was reading "I'm Still Hungry" by Carnie Wilson and she said that we pee out our fat... I always thought it was through another process. Have you heard this from a medical standpoint? HOW can u stretch ur pouch (over eating? over drinking?)
Deejay
on 9/15/04 2:00 am - Sparks, NV
interesting, wonder if its true. I pee WAY less after surgery then before even though I drink more now. weird.
IrishIze
on 9/15/04 2:48 am - NJ
I've heard that too and there have been times that I've peed and it looks kind of cloudy - (too much info??? sorry). I wonder about that too - maybe you can post it to the main board and see what they say? Hugs, Nancy
C J.
on 9/15/04 5:25 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Ok, from a medical standpoint.... Urine is a liquid medium composed of excess water, salt, vitamins, minerals and waste products produced by the normal functioning of our bodies. You can not pee out a solid item (except a kidney stone or other abnormal item) simply because the nephrons and tubules in the kidneys are too small too allow a solid to pass through and the ureters (tube from kidney to bladder) are also too small. If your urine is cloudy it is from dead cells from the bladder or bacteria but usually clears up with an increase in water or treatment with an antibiotic. We lose fat by burning it, or increasing our metabolism or increasing the demand for energy by decreasing our caloric intake. The fat is broken down to it's basic components and utilized by our bodies as fuel. The waste products from the conversion from to fuel are carried out of our bodies through our stools and urine. The actual fat cel shrinks but is not usualy destroyed during this process. Hope this helps.... CJ (RN)
houstondoll
on 9/15/04 2:41 pm - Houston, TX
CJ thank you.... If we use the fat for fuel--would it be safe to 'think' that as long as the more we put out (exercise etc.) and the less we put in (our mouths) you will lose fat????? Yet, with the low caloric intake that we have (500-800 cals per day) could we be hurting our metabolism? Creating an environment in which the body goes into starvation mode? I ask this because there has to be a reason that my body is holding on at my current weight for the past (almost 3 weeks). I know my body has to get use to all of these changes but it just seems like the one thing I am trying to get rid of, its holding on to for dear life.....
C J.
on 9/16/04 6:47 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hey Houston...I em'd a reply to you...if you want to post it here feel free...maybe it will help someone else. CJ
Traci72
on 9/15/04 1:23 pm - Hastings, MN
I have never heard about "peeing" out fat, but I do know that you can pass fats and sugars in your BM's. They are referred to as "reducers". It's more common though to see it in an obese person eating a high fat/junk food diet who is a couch potatoe. I had never heard of this until my daughter became severely ill at 5mos old, and in every single stool sample they tested, these reducers were present....and she was strictly breasfed. (had nothing to do w/her diet, but her intestinal lining) Traci
Denise Johnson
on 9/16/04 5:09 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO
Hi Doll, I just wanted to let you know that at Walmart they sell Metabostix. They test your urine for ketones,and if the test detects ketones in your urine,then you are definitely burning fat.I test every morning and shows positive for ketones every morning.They are sold in the pharmacy with diet pills,ect. Just in case your interested. Take Care, Denise Johnson
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views