37 lbs, Lighter looking for protein drinks

beautifuljourney
on 9/15/04 12:36 am - Jamaica, NY
Hello Everybody, I am Extremely happy to announce That I hve lost 37lbs I haven't felt this great in a long time I dont remember the last time I got on the scale an the number 2 was first (lol) really I can't believe that I did this and it's working, that's all I kept saying when I came out of the O.R. I am very happy I can eat alot of things but this summer was the hardest because I love fruit and salad, and I had to make sure I was getting in my protein so I had to eat less of that and more protein. My target range for protein is 80-85 grams a day so I am looking for some tasty protein drinks please if you know of any e-mail me... thank you and GOOD Luck to you ALL!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/04 1:04 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Congratulations on your 37lb loss! On Monday, I was down 41, but yesterday, I was four pounds heavier (water, I guess) also bringing me to a 37lb loss, and we have the same surgery date. I can't help you with the protein drinks...I couldn't stand them! I did try Zero-Carb Isopure at GNC, which has 40g protein in a 20oz drink. They're pricey, but worth it if you can't reach your protein target with foods alone. My target is 50g, so I do fine without supplements.
IrishIze
on 9/15/04 2:46 am - NJ
I also drink the No Carb Isopure. I have the Creamy Vanilla and the Orange Pineapple. I got it online and it was significantly cheaper than GNC. I mix 1 scoop with 6 oz of Carb Countdown Yogurt Smoothie for 165 calories, 3g fat, 2 carbs and 33g protein. Do this 2x a day and you're up to 66 grams of protein. I'm still not able to get in a lot of foods, so this really helps me a lot. If you're taking in more food, you could cut it to one drink a day. Congratulations on your weight loss!! Hugs, Nancy -43
GailD
on 9/15/04 3:16 am - Racine, WI
I had a hard time with the protein drinks, too, but I've finally found one that I LOVE. Not only do I LOVE it....I look forwarding to drinking it! It is available at GNC and made by EAS. It's called Myoplex Cafe Caramel. It does have 124 gms. of caffeine in it...but it tastes like a cold Starbuck's frappacino! Yummy! It's in an 11 oz. container, pre-mixed, and comes in a pack of 4, and 25 grams of protein in each! I have one for a break every afternoon. I'm down 29 lbs. at 7 weeks (today!) The scale seems awfully pokey to me, too, but then I think about how easy it's been to take off this much weight in such a relatively short time. I'M HAPPY HAPPY I had this surgery! Gail D
Dawn H.
on 9/15/04 4:27 am - Jersey CIty, NJ
HI .. I just discovered Carnation instant breakfast No sugar ...Mix with Hood carb countdown milk.. and ice and half a banana YUM! about 150 calories and almost 20 gm protein ... I have alot of trouble eating anything solid in the morning .. this is great ! I also drink slimfast low carb canned drinks .. a little thick but the chocolate tastes pretty good. Good luck Dawn
C J.
on 9/15/04 5:16 am - Port Hueneme, CA
WTG on the weight loss! I'm so glag your feeling better and what a wonderful, breaking the 300# barrier. I use Chocolate egg whey from the vitamen shoppe, mix 2 scoops with SF CIB, water and ice. Tastes like chocolate milk with about 50 grams of protein. Tkes me about 2 hours to drink so I figure I absorb most of the protein. It's also lactose free, in case that is an issue for you. CJ
DEBI
on 9/15/04 5:32 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hey CJ...that sounds good...but 2 hours to drink it is a long time. Drink faster lol.
Lalocaweta
on 9/15/04 1:17 pm - Spicewood, TX
Lakisha: I have tried the Isopure also. They have a bunch of flavors - so you can find one that you can tolerate. They are a little pricey as mentioned, but 40 grams to a bottle is a great way to reach that magic protein number. (Which I have quit trying to reach - I was making myself miserable trying to be sure I get there...Now - I just give it my best shot...) I have been using a concentrated protein that I got at GNC. It has 18 grams to 3 tablespoons. But - it tastes nothing like fruit punch - which is the flavor it is suppose to be. It tastes more like cough syrup with a horrid aftertaste...But - I found it is an easy way to get in 18 grams. I also bought some banana powder from GNC - I mix that w/ orange juice and ice and it is great....Usually what I have for breakfast. I use 1 and 1/2 scoops of the powder - and that is 30 grams Good luck. Anne
houstondoll
on 9/15/04 10:37 pm - Houston, TX
HELLO! We have the same surgery date ! HEHEHHEH.... I haven't really found anything that taste all that great to me, BUT I do drink Carb Countdown and it has 12g of protein a cup (and it takes 2 cups to fill up a coffee cup which is just the right size for my breakfast drink ).... Congrats on your weight loss.... I had posted here and some people are raving about Detour bars.... so maybe that may be an option....... good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views