Body Changes - Firmness, Breast Size, etc

Kimberly K.
on 9/14/04 12:32 pm - mckeesport, pa
It has been 9 weeks since my surgery. although I have lost 35 ilbs so far I feel at times I am lagging behind some of you. But after reading some of the posts I always realize that I am doing OK. And this is the biggest weight lost I have ever experieince in my 38 years. Since before my surgery I have been hassled and teased about one thing....by boobs. When I was thinner (135 -145 lbs) I could wear a 36C but since I topped the scales at 252 way before surgery I was wearing 44DD. Now for the debate. I have a few friends that are sure that I will NOT loose in my chest. I think they are nuts! If my goal is 125 I can hardly imagine carrying around 44DDs!! My poor aching back! So I have a little wager with those folks. And needless to say, I can tell in my bras that my size is changing! Please tell me that I am not being unrealistic here!!! There is no way they can say the same size. OK, I have to admit I have not been able to exercise very much at all. I get some walking to and from the parking lot at work (about 1/2 mile a day). But I leave my house at 6 AM and do not get home until 6:30 -7:00 PM every nite. I am working long hours at a desk job and have been for over a year. Even though I have not exercised, I feel like my body and skin is really flabby and loose. Not that it wasn't flabby before but it feels very different. It is more noticeable to me. Just curious if anyone else feels that way? Looking forward to hearing your responses. P.S. By the way I have $60 riding on the shrinking boobs!
bunnymorris
on 9/14/04 1:29 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Before the surgery I went for a mammogram and the technician told me I had very dense breasts with little fat which was unusual because most overweight women typically have alot of fat in their breasts. I told her--by this time next year they will probably be flat! She told me she didn't really think I would lose that much because of the density. Anyway, I am down 43 lbs. and I can notice a little but not too much. I think it just depends. I know what you mean about the rest of your body. It changes. Sometimes I think an area is flabby and then it seems to get better. It almost feels like your body breaks down the fat and it feels flabby and then you lose. Does that make sense? Anyway, I walk everyday and my legs looks great! I'm starting on upper body this week to try to tone up. I want to keep the flabbiness down to a minimum. Good Luck, Bunny
Heather M.
on 9/14/04 1:30 pm - Kirtland AFB, NM
They'll shrink. I was the exact same as you. Younger years 36/34 C/D. Now 44DD. My only fear which I know darn well it will happen (it already has started) is that I'll be left with boobs down to my hips. I might be able to role them back up and tuck them in a 36C. Guess I should start saving now for a boob job. As for my skin, it still seems firm except for my boobs. The skin there is thin and loose. I'm gonna have bad boobies when this is all over with. Heather
Ann M.
on 9/14/04 11:22 pm - Norwich, CT
My boobs were huge-44DD....the mammagram tech told me the same thing-dense boobs, won't lose, etc. Well, they are already dropping and getting flabby! I can feel the looseness and I LOVE IT! I hate having big boobs and am saving to get a reduction when all is said and done. Ann 314/262/150
MargaretD
on 9/15/04 3:52 am - Nashville, TN
Mine are shrinking, too. I was a 40DDD and now I am down to a 38DD on the tightest setting. I keep thinking I am only losing in my boobs. At our nashville support group last night we had a plastic surgeon come in and talk about tummy tucks and boob lifts etc. He had all these before and after slides where he performed surgery on ppl whose reasons for surgery was great weight loss. From the looks of those slides, we will all be needing some work done in about a year!! I am definitely going to start saving for a bust lift, with possible implants! ~~~~~~~ Margaret 238/194.2/128
Preacherlady
on 9/15/04 1:51 pm - Grove City, OH
Hi everyone, Maybe instead of a 44DD you'll wear a 34 LONG! Blessings, Ruth in Ohio
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views