I have got some really good news

jenwright02
on 9/14/04 3:00 am - APG, MD
hello everyone, I know that i have been posting some things on here about me being sad and such but i have really good news. I know that i have been in a slump since my surgery 29 july well i guess i hit rock bottom because now i am good to go. I had a breakdown moment on friday and i had to do a lot of thinking.. I so wanted to go for a walk but i didnt have no energy so on saturday i did nothing then on sunday I did it I went for a walk a little over a mile it took me almost a hour with 3 stops ( not bad but still what a time). Monday i was worn out so i didnt go ( i could kick myself int he butt) . Today i drove my daughter part way to school and then i went for a walk the same thing but today i had 1 stop and did it in less then 30 minutes and i am now out of my slump i am feeling so good and have all this enegery.. My hubby is currently deployed and i talk to him on the computer and i was telling him yesterday about my walk and he said well good baby and you know that if you arent walking by the time i come home i will make you walk. so i think maybe i needed a kick in the butt. but i am feeling so good and wanted to share my news with everyone and also i am not throwing up as much i am down to maybe 2 times a day Thanks for listening Jen
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/04 3:20 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I am glad that your energy is returning. You definitely need to continue with your exercising. It makes such a difference in how you feel! A week before my surgery, I couldn't walk for two minutes on the treadmill without thinking I was going to die. Now, I can walk for 30 minutes without needing to rest. I also had my first step-aerobic class last night. That kicked my butt, but it will be so worth it in the end! Keep walking, and give your husband a reason to pounce all over you!
C J.
on 9/14/04 4:39 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Jen, I'm so sorry you hit the wall...but you made it up and over and sound like you are doing great. When is hubby due home? I found a few interesting things on eating since I started puking up my dinner every night... 1. If i'm stressed...up it comes. 2. Hot tea is a good way to tell how tight your pouch is..and sometimes helps to relax it. 3. Soft foods at night will stay down better then meat. Great job startng to exercise..it really helps to elevate your mood. I know how hard it can be to maintain a positive attitude during deployments...we have one more to go bfore retirement....but the exercise helps. So does losing weight. Hang in there CJ
Ann M.
on 9/14/04 5:04 am - Norwich, CT
Jen, Sounds great that you are walking...but don't overdo it! Your walks should be pleasant...not pushing and like a chore. Make it short and sweet-so you'll feel like doing it more frequently! Are you taking your B12? I thought I was taking my B12, turned out it was my B6 instead! As soon as I started taking the B12, did I get energy! Good luck in your journey! Ann 314/263/150
jenwright02
on 9/14/04 5:08 am - APG, MD
cj, you are such a angel i have no idea who you are but you inspire me soo much and it seems like you are such a caring person. I just wanted to Thank you from the bottom of my heart and tell you that you are really a angel. Jen
C J.
on 9/14/04 1:56 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
aww.. .shucks, ma'am. If we can't support each other, who will? keep up the good work....when does hubby come home? CJ
Julie M.
on 9/15/04 12:33 am - Kingston, MA
Hi Everyone, this is my first time on this site and really have some problems...somethings, smell funny to me...just can't stand the smell of chicken, beef and some other things. Also, I think I am hungry. Am I not eating enough protein...or what am I doing wrong. I have been post - op at least 6 weeks. What am I doing wrong? Why am I so hungry? I know this is not good news, but I need someone to talk to. Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views