Funny story about exercise

Paige F.
on 9/12/04 12:40 pm - Lakewood Ranch, FL
I just joined the YMCA and started working out on the eliptical machine. On my third day, I was working out and I gotta tell you... I was ROCKING!!! I mean I felt so great. I kept thinking, I am kicking it. Then, I looked over to my left and there was a wall of mirrors and I saw myself. OMG, I think the mirror showed reflections in slow motion because I know I was going 100 times faster than what I saw in the mirror. I decided right then and there not to look in the mirror anymore!!! Paige 306/247/165
jcordell
on 9/12/04 3:19 pm - TX
Paige, I just read through your profile, and may I say that you are doing amazing! I know how you feel about the mirror thing...best to avoid them! (unless, you're looking at clothes that once fit and now hang off you like a sack!! ) Great job on your weightloss and exercise regime! Keep up the good work! -Jeff 338/275/188
Paige F.
on 9/12/04 11:18 pm - Lakewood Ranch, FL
Thanks!!! The last four weeks have been very slow in the weightloss department, but I figure my body is just catching up from so much loss. That is why I started the exercising. Maybe I can jump start it. You are doing great yourself!! Are you all over your strep? Paige
IrishIze
on 9/13/04 9:18 am - NJ
I know the feeling. I've lost 42 lbs. and today was my first day back to work - and guess what - no one noticed that I lost weight! Guess I really must have been bigger than I thought!! Oh well, I can see the difference in my clothes and better yet, I can feel the difference when I walk - I can walk without my back hurting or without breathing like I'm dying. One of these days they'll notice!!! Hugs, and congrats on your great weight loss!! Nancy
Paige F.
on 9/13/04 3:18 pm - Lakewood Ranch, FL
Thanks Nancy! I know, I know, I know. My family has noticed - but I'd have to smack them if they didn't . But, other people are just now noticing something different and most of them are asking if I cut my hair. OK WHATEVER!!! Ive lost almost 60 lbs and I have gone down 3 sizes - and oh yeah - I cut my hair . Keep at it!!! Im sure you feel so much better. Next thing I know you will be emailing me that your butt feels boney when you sit down at work . I'll look forward to that email. Paige
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views