IV BEEN EATING ALL DAY!!!!

Naaazah
on 9/11/04 1:51 pm - Killeen, TX
Im being honest. Today was just one of those days. My cycle is on and I am craving foods with alot of flavor,fat, and calories. I dont know what to do when this time of the month rolls around. I reallly want to eat chocolate but im to afraid of what will happen. What do I do Guys? PS. I didnt get sick today over eating. I was just grazing so to speak and I feel like i let myself down by doing this.
Leonard
on 9/11/04 9:37 pm - Rancho Mirage, CA
I recommend you find a support group and attend the meetings. Keep yourself busy! You did right to come in here and post. It's that darn "mental hunger". Know that it is not "physical". Avoid falling for those urges. Leonard
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/04 11:35 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Unless it's something high in sugar that I am craving, I tend to go ahead and eat it. MOST of the time, I choose healthier foods, like grilled chicken or tuna, but there are times when I want something that isn't very healthy at all, like lasagna. I've found that it is best if I just go ahead and have what I want, since I normally don't crave anything. The way I see it, this is a lifestyle we're living, and I'm NOT going to have a lifestyle that is strict like a dieter's! Once I have the food I am craving (for two or three meals until it's gone), I'm so sick of it that it's going to be a long time before I want it again. Having what you REALLY want might help you beat the grazing, because if you're trying to avoid the food you want, you eat around it without ever satisfying yourself.
Adrienne C.
on 9/12/04 11:06 am - Mahwah, NJ
Hi Shameka, If you miss chocolate because of the sugar - I have the answer for you. I found this chocolate when I was on Atkins and couldn't have sugar then either. The brand is "Pure De-Lite". They're available in some health food stores but I've gotten them online at: www.netrition.com. It's real chocolate with all the taste and creaminess but no sugar. There's chocolate bars, individually wrapped bite size pieces and lots and lots of flavors. Don't eat chocolate with sugar - this is much better and much safer for you. Good luck!
Debra O.
on 9/12/04 12:57 pm - Chino, CA
Hersheys now makes sugar free chocolate bars, also I've tried reeses sugar free. It really tastes like the real stuff too. I find that being a woman at those times of the month when you really have those cravings, having one piece takes care of it for me. I get them at the grocery store. Stater Bros. Good Luck, Debra
Ann M.
on 9/13/04 9:57 am - Norwich, CT
The Hershey's s/f chocolate is decent...they sell a few varieties of s/f chocolate at Walmar****ch out though...don't eat too much of it....because it acts like ExLax...if you know what I mean! Ann 314/263/150
beautifuljourney
on 9/15/04 12:17 am - Jamaica, NY
Hi Shamecka I am only 2 months post op I don't know how far you are but I usually crave salt and sugar around my time of the month also. What I have done was have a piece of sugar free chocolate (Hersheys w/ almonds (miniture) or a sugar free Turtle (nestle has pecan and caramel in it) and it satisfies my craving and I usually eat more fruit at that time to avoid eating anything bad. hope this helps
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views