Interesting developments

Monna W.
on 9/11/04 2:07 am - Susanville, CA
Hi everyone, Saw my cardiologist Thursday and discovered I am in atrial fib again--thought it had cleared up when my GI bleed resolved. Anyway because of my other problems she was limited in what she could prescribe for me to try to correct it so she put me on Digoxin. Also because my cholesterol has gone down so much she cut my cholesterol medicine in half and stopped one of my diurectics because I am dehydrated (drink in excess of 64 oz of water eveyday). Now, I don't know if what has happened is coincidental or related to the medication changes, but this morning my fasting blood sugar was below 100, the first time in so long I can hardly remember, plus I have started losing again--2.5 lbs in 2 days. Anyway, I am overjoyed. I was so tried of weighing the same week after week. I have also changed the way I eat. I have a protein drink with a banana blended in for breakfast (I am having a hard time keeping my potassium levels where they should be). For lunch I have the equivalent of a half of a sandwich. Mid-afternoon I have the rest of the sandwich. For dinner I have 3 oz protein, and a couple of bites of some vegetable. About 9 PM I have 1/4 cup cottage cheese or something like that and at bedtime about 11 I have 10 almonds or a piece of sting cheese. Since I have started doing that I have had very little trouble with my pouch acting up. My big complaint is that everything, and I mean everything makes me belch. I don't mean nice ladylike burps, but full-bodied belches. I quit eating any lettuce because that is especially bad, but even water does the same thing. Has anyone else had that problem? I love seeing how all my July brothers and sisters are doing. Keep up the good work everyone. Monna
Leonard
on 9/11/04 6:46 am - Rancho Mirage, CA
HI Monna, congratulations on your success!!! The day after surgery my surgeon took me off of my diabetes meds. my blood sugars have remained pretty consistently between 80 and 110! I met my primary goal! Two weeks post surgery I experienced a stricture of my pouch. They performed an endoscopy on me to stretch it open. Since then everything is fine! I do have a lot of gas (farting) and gawd are they smelly! Apart from one bad dump, and some blues.... everything else has gone fine. I don't think my body is absorbing Effexor XR and Wellbutrin XL, so next week my shrink is weaning me off of them and putting me back on regular Effexor and regular Wellbutrin. I am tired of feeling down and low energy! I have lost 42 pounds! So I'm excited, this surgery is doing what it is supposed to. Peace and love to you! Leonard
JulieSM
on 9/12/04 4:47 am - Hesperia, CA
Monna, I hope that all meds get worked out and that you have a clean bill of health Hun!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views