What kind of fruits/veggies are you eating?

IrishIze
on 9/9/04 2:52 am - NJ
I know I have to start incorporating some fruits and veggies into my diet. I have been having lots of problems with a stricture and an ulcer, and my pouch is extremely grumpy. (I say: "Let's try this!", and pouchie says: "NO WAY!" ) I thought I might try some frozen spinach, but I was wondering if there are any easily digestable fruits and veggies you all are tolerating. Hugs, Nancy
bugsmom
on 9/9/04 4:11 am - In Mom's House, CA
Fruit is pratically all I'm able to eat. I suggest you try some cantelope and honeydew. Also watermelon. I love pears and grapes and plums too. My surgeon suggested watermelon as a good starter because it's so high in water content. If possible you might want to peel the grapes (I know, huge pain in the you-know-what) and avoid eating the skins of other fruits. Ofcourse don't eat a huge amount and you still have to chew the stuff up. As far as veggies go, I've only eaten some steamed broccoli and some canned green beans. Best of luck to you! Merritt
Heather M.
on 9/9/04 4:13 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
So far I've had grapes (I eat them a lot with Jarlsburg cheese), strawberries, really crisp iceberg lettuce, banana and mushrooms. Everythig else I'm kinda scared to eat. I don't know why but I guess I'm a little gun shy. Heather
Gina F
on 9/9/04 5:07 am - Belton, TX
Nancy, I'm not cleared for anything raw except bananas which are yummy! I'm eating some canned fruit like pears. I'm eating canned veggies such as green beans and mixed veggies. Frozen should work as long as it's well-cooked. Good luck, Gina F.
melissab
on 9/9/04 5:17 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I have eaten cooked carrots, green/yellow beans, corn (in small amounts in soups and stews). I am allowed to have broccoli/cauliflower now, but gun shy here too! The fruit is the best addition for me so far! I was craving fruit sooo much! So far I've had a soft pear, honeydew and cantelope and banana's. I find the banana's are a great quick breakfast or lunch if I am in a rush. The melon's are great for a snack mid afternoon (just finished eating cantelope). I'm anxious to buy some strawberries, boy I miss them! Next time I am in town I'm buying a pint for sure! I haven't tried any kind of lettuce yet, nor have I had any raw veggies. I am so anxious to feel ready for cucumbers, peppers, celery etc. But I think it's going to be a long time before I feel ready, even if the doc's office says I'm allowed them in another 2 weeks or so. Melissa
mtparker
on 9/9/04 8:11 am - Lincoln, NE
I agree about the watermelon. I eat the seedless. Necturines have worked well and are fairly easy to peel. Theresa in NE
JulesC
on 9/9/04 10:21 pm - Spring Hill, TN
My doc says no fresh fruit or veggies for 6 months. Boy do I miss watermelon!!! I can eat canned fruit (in its own juice, not the kind with syrup) and canned veggies. I can't wait to get back to fresh stuff. I dream of broccoli. Jules
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/04 5:38 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm not really a fruit or vegetable person. I have eaten bananas, applesauce, and a couple of grapes without any problems. I have been able to eat raw and cooked carrots, celery (finely chopped), cucumbers, onions, and peppers without trouble. I haven't tried many other fruits or veggies because I eat so much protein that I have no room left.
TweedyBird
on 9/10/04 12:48 pm - Somewhere, AR
Hey Nancy, I have not been on the board for a while. Nice to see you, how are you feeling? I do green beans (from the can) all of the time. Green beans go down great for me. I was just cleared for raw veggies at 8 weeks, which was Wed., I did fine with salad (whi*****luded tomatoes, onions,and black olives). But like I said, green beans are where I started...have tolerated those since beginning soft foods. Fruit: mandering (whew really misspelled) oranges. Soft and very good. Strawberries! Just started grapes yesterday. Tolerated them fine, with skin on. Tweedy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views