Anyone Using Fitday?

Kathy P.
on 9/10/04 12:55 am - AZ
Today was the first time I could eat the uturn protein bar in one setting. I ate it first thing this morning. I tried 2 eggs yesterday and threw most of it away could not finish. I can't drink milk so Im trying to find protein in food. Kathy lost 45lbs
MinnieMia
on 9/10/04 3:23 am - SC
Have you tried Carb Countdown milk? It's actually not milk, it's a "dairy beverage". I'm lactose intolerant and it doesn't cause me a lick of trouble...or Lactaid or Dairyease milks if lactose intolerance is the issue... I'm starting to sound like a CC milk commercial!
IrishIze
on 9/9/04 2:46 am - NJ
I use fitday every day. I have been having problems and I'm averaging about 450 calories a day and 50 g protein. I know I have to up my protein, so I've been using the GNC Liquid Protein - 3T = 18g protein. It's been a saving grace for me. I have a stricture and an ulcer, so eating is very difficult and painful. I'm virtually still on a pureed diet. I try and eat cottage cheese and soft real mozzerella cheese, and that usually stays down pretty good. Congratulations to all of you who seem to have this down and are doing so well!! Hugs, Nancy
Lalocaweta
on 9/9/04 12:46 pm - Spicewood, TX
I am amazed (and have to say somewhat jealous) of the calories some of you are getting in. I am lucky if I break 450....And 65 grams of protein - forget that...I did not realize how far off I was from making targets until I started using fitday.com. Part of it is just that I get busy and don't eat....I went all day today (3rd day in a row) without eating until dinner time. Which is bad for me, I know.... I am down 50 pounds....so half way to goal - but I know I got to improve...
MinnieMia
on 9/9/04 9:48 pm - SC
You're a teacher, aren't you? I'm sure that would make it hard to get everything in! I'm lucky that i have a desk job so it's just so easy for me to do my mini-meals 3-4 times throughout the day whenever I need to. I was only eating when I was "hungry" up until about 2 weeks ago and I would find by the time I got hungry I was so hungry that I would eat too fast, too much or make a bad choice so I sat down and scheduled and planned so I eat on a schedule. I was stalled for 3 weeks until I started mini-mealing then I started losing again. On our plan we're supposed to do 2-4 oz (by volume) every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Now who's jealous! You're doing SO well...I'm only 24% of my way to goal so maybe I should try your eating plan!!! Congratulations on your fabulous losses! M 262/251/221.6/130
Janette
on 9/9/04 10:41 pm - Peoria, AZ
I have tried using fitday and I cannot figure out how to break it down...ie: I still cannot eat more than 1-2 oz of anything and it mostly gives you 1/2-1 cup etc. I know it will be a good tool for me if I can figure it out...
MinnieMia
on 9/10/04 3:26 am - SC
If it doesn't give you ounces in the drop-down box I usually just divide to get fractions...eg., 1/2 cup=.5, 1/4C (2oz)=.25, 1/8C (1oz)=.125 etc...it works pretty well for me and the math works out, too! I use a lot of the .125 and .0625 figures, too!
Cathy C.
on 9/10/04 12:38 pm - Chicago, IL
Another trick I use is to divide a serving and customize it. I can get it down to one serving and then I note in the customization after the description that 1 serving = 3 ozs or 1 serving = 2 pieces. That way you can get it down to the small portions we eat post op. Cathy RNY 7/26/04 - 43 pounds
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views