Anyone Using Fitday?

joniliz2
on 9/8/04 11:44 pm - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
I use Fitday.com and I love it! I am just wondering anyone else using it...how many calories per day are you averageing and how much protein are you getting? I increased mine this past week...and really saw a dramatic improvement in my weight loss. But along with increased protein goes extra calories... Anyone know what is norm for this stage of the game. I am almost 10 weeks post op. Joanie down 41 lbs!
MinnieMia
on 9/9/04 12:11 am - SC
Loooooove it! I get between 600-700 calories per day, 70-80g protein. I talked to my surgeon yesterday and he told me that 600-800 cals, ~75g protein and less than 20 grams of fat was perfect. I'm getting too many fat grams by about 5-10 so I have to cut back there but I've never been too worried about that since we malabsorb...but I will now. I love putting in my weight and my exercise and having the graphs and reports!!! I'm 8 weeks out and 29 pounds down...but I'm working my tail end off trying to catch up to ya! Minnie 262/251/222.6/130
joniliz2
on 9/9/04 12:23 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Minnie, I am doing about the same..600-800 cal...Yesterday I got 85 g of protein in..but went up to over 900 calories. Can you give me an idea of what your daily menu is like?? Here's mine today B-2 eggs=14 g protein S-protein drink-24g of protein L=homemade turkey chili-18g protein S-protein bar 12 g protein D-meatloaf and vegie...havent figured it out yet but probably 14 g of protein Thanks for your input! Joanie
Tanja Y
on 9/9/04 12:28 am - Wahiawa, HI
I use it and my calories swing from real low to high and I'm trying to get things evened out. But when I say high I'm talking 900 calories when before surgery it would have easily been double or tripple that. At first I was lucky to get 200 calories a day and now I'm doing better with not only my calorie intake but my protein. My new thing is soup with lentils or beans in it, low in calories and high in protein ~Tanja
MinnieMia
on 9/9/04 1:03 am - SC
Breakfast=1/2 piece of Borden string cheese 42cals, 2fat, 1carb, 4protein 1oz white tuna (from the packet things) 40 cals, 1fat, 0carb, 8protein Snack=2.25C carb countdown milk (switching to fat free next week!) 225cals, 10fat, 7carbs, 27protein Lunch=2 Borden string cheese 168cals, 10fat, 2carbs, 14protein 2oz lemon pepper tuna (tasted like dish soap!) 60cals, 0fat, 0carbs, 12 protein Supper=2 jumbo shrimp 28cals, 0fat, 0carbs, 5 protein 3slices yellow squash 6 cals, 0fat, 1carb, 0protein 3 broccoli flowerets 9cals, 0fat, 2carbs, 1protein 1 slice cheese (for the veggies!) 79cals, 7fat, 0carbs, 5protein Totals 657cals, 30fat(cheese & milk got me), 13carbs, 76 protein ******************************************************************************************** Breakfast=1/2C Atkins Almond Crunch Cereal 75cals, 1fat, 6carbs, 11protein Snack=2C carb countdown milk (like ¼ cup of this was for the cereal but I don't have it listed separately in fitday) 200cals, 9fat, 6carbs, 24protein Lunch=1.5oz (by volume) white tuna 60cals, 1fat, 0carbs, 12protein 1 1/2 Borden string cheese 126cals, 7fat, 2carbs, 11protein Snack=1/2 piece well chewed beef jerkey 25cals, 2fat, 1carbs, 2protein Supper=Taco Bell Burrito Supreme no tortilla (nutrition info from their cool website!) 220cals, 13fat, 16carbs(ouch!) 12 protein Totals 706cals, 33fat, 30carbs, 72 protein--got a little wild with the fat and carbs this day but the burrito kinda put me over the top.
MinnieMia
on 9/9/04 1:08 am - SC
Pooh, I hit the button before I said these are pretty representative days. Sometimes I do better sometimes I do worse! Protein drinks make me so I don't do them, the milk has been my lifesaver. It makes up 1/2 of the fat grams I'm supposed to be getting in a day, though, so I'm going to get the fat free and maybe cut it 1/2 fat free with 1/2 2% since I'm not terribly fond of the fat free one's taste...It'll grow on me, though, I'm sure. I try to stay on a schedule of eating every 2 1/2-3 hours, mini-meals. I have protein bars in my desk & purse for emergencies but I don't eat 'em much because they're so think I want a big swig of something to drink with 'em! Looks like you're doing great! I can't wait to say I've lost over 40 pounds!! See ya on fitday!
joniliz2
on 9/9/04 3:12 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
Minnie, Thanks for you sample menus...I use the carb countdown choc milk 8 oz mixed with four oz of the skimmed kind...and some ice..its yummy and 18 g of protein. I also bought some sugar free coffee syrup from Vitalady.com and use it with the skimmed cc milk..and crushed ice..that, too is one of my favorites. I love fitday...it really keeps me on track. I have a question...I know you can break it down to breakfast-lunch and dinner...but how do you print this so it comes out that way..is there a tip you can give me. I wanted nice journals to give to my dietician when I see her in two weeks. Thanks Joanie
MinnieMia
on 9/9/04 4:11 am - SC
I haven't been able to do that breakdown thing, I just remember basically what I had for each meal when I print it out...wish I could figure out how to do that, though! I am SO ordering the coffee syrup! I love lattes and cappucinos and I miss coffee so much!
Debra O.
on 9/9/04 5:49 am - Chino, CA
Just wondering. Can you eat two eggs in one sitting? I can only et about 1/2 of an egg. Also the protien bars. You can eat a whole one? I can only eat about 4 bites of a protien bar. ~Debra
joniliz2
on 9/9/04 6:35 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
I have no problem eating 2 eggs...or a whole protein bar. Joanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views