Has anyone heard how Nancy is?

Linda O.
on 9/8/04 12:04 pm - Sea Cliff, NY
I ve been looking to see how she was . Last I heard she was having a rough time and going into the hospital. Has anyone heard from her?
IrishIze
on 9/8/04 1:17 pm - NJ
Hi Linda - I'm here - thanks for asking. I was in the hospital for about 5 days. I have a stricture and an ulcer. They tried to dilate the stricture, but couldn't. The pressure in my pouch created a small opening in my staple line, so I can now eat and drink, and the food goes through my old stomach. I still can only eat small amounts, and my pouch is extremely grouchy. I saw my surgeon today, and we are going to give this three months and see if I continue to lose weight. I've lost 40 since 7/19, but only 3 lbs. in the past couple of weeks. I don't know if it's a plateau or that my surgery is not functioning right. If I don't lose weight as quickly as I should, he said we'll possibly have to re-do the surgery. That is the last thing I want, but I also can't go through life with this mess I have in me and not lose weight!!! Some days I can eat well, but mostly it's still bland food. I had a bad day today - drank some water too quickly and threw it up. That messed me up for the rest of the day and I'm just having some warm milk now to settle my tummy before bed. I'm getting in about 500 calories a day, and 50-60g of protein (thanks to GNC Liquid Protein). I'm trying to hang in there and will start back to work on Monday. More often than not, I question my decision to have this surgery. How are you doing? Again, thanks for asking for me! Hugs, Nancy
bugsmom
on 9/9/04 4:14 am - In Mom's House, CA
Sorry to hoard in, but may I ask what might be a stupid question? When your food goes into your old stomach, where does it go from there? Is our old stomach still attached somehow to intestines? You'd think I'd know the answer to this one, but I don't. Glad you're feeling better. I hope you don't have to have any more surgery and that everything heals up and works out just fine. Merritt
IrishIze
on 9/9/04 4:43 am - NJ
Yep, old stomach still attached to the intestines. Guess it's not really a bypass anymore. Doc says I can probably tolerate sugar, but hey, I'm not gonna even try it. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views