Stupid Salad Question

Adrienne C.
on 9/9/04 9:45 am - Mahwah, NJ
Y'know - the more I read all your responses to my question, the more I think maybe it was more the oil and vinegar dressing mixed with the solids of the salad than anything else. Next time I'll go with a thicker type dressing - like blue cheese or French - HOLD the chicken!! THANKS! Adrienne
dana W.
on 9/10/04 12:32 pm - fort worth, tx
I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT,,,salad does look good but aft abt 3 bites i'm all done anyway.. i found out that alot of things i want when i get them there nasty r i end up wasting my money bcz i dont eat but 5 bites max. i've wasted so much money on protein bars and drinks til i cld be rich.. the other day my job gave us drumsticks ice cream bars.. and b4 i knew it i had almost eaten the whole thing but min's later i was sick and dizzy.. i havent barf yet at all,, and my stomach doesnt like boiled eggs but it likes fried ,,,it doesnt like milk either..i can eat just abt anything i've tried fried fish,, frm home and long john silver...i've eaten kfc chichen and coleslaw..took me frm 11 am to abt 11pm that night but i ate it all day and it went fine.. i ate abt 3 bites of a double meat cheeseburger frm mickey d's.. and gave the rest away.. i used to love slice cheese now i cant stand it,, nasty,, but where i didnt like sharp or cheedar i can a little now.. so i think its all just trail and error.. good luck dana
joniliz2
on 9/9/04 3:19 am - NORTH HAVEN, CT
RNY on 07/02/04 with
You are going to love this... Five weeks out my surgeon put me on Stage 5.."solid foods"...I had been reading and reading for days about what I could eat. What is the first thing I had? A salad..granted, I didnt eat much....had another one for lunch the next day. Then I read that I should try cooked vegetables first because raw ones could be hard to digest. I have never had a problem with raw vegies...except when I forget to chew it well... I use an oil base lite dressing but dont use much...not sure that is what upset your pouch..but who knows. I know I lose weight quicker when I stick to solid protein..but I love my salads! Joanie
Adrienne C.
on 9/9/04 9:49 am - Mahwah, NJ
Hi Joanie, I forget to chew well too - you'd think I'd have learned not to do that EVER by now. I try but sometimes 100 years of habit is hard to break! I also have found that the solid proteins do work better for me. I guess we (I) just have to be a little patient. Best of luck to you and thanks for your thoughts! Adrienne
AngelFlyingHappy
on 9/10/04 3:40 am - Oxnard, CA
I dont know what could cause that. I have tolerated everything I have tried. I have not dumped or thrown up at all and I'm quite pleased with that and hope it stays that way. LOL I havent really tried a lot of salads. My main meal is a turkey taco salad it is very yummy!!!
JulesC
on 9/10/04 7:39 am - Spring Hill, TN
Unfortunately, my doc says no fresh fruit or veggies for 6 months. I have been dreaming of salad and watermelon. It will just have to wait for a while I guess. I am too scared to try anything since I don't want to throw up or dump. I am glad that other people can eat those things - I wish my doc allowed it now. Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views