30 Lbs AWAY FROM 6 MNTH GOAL!!!!

Naaazah
on 9/8/04 10:22 am - Killeen, TX
guys the weight is just melting off!!! im so glad... I have not had any problems with my surgery, as far as the healing process. Food on the other hand is very complicating. Some days im hungry right after i eat others i dont want to eat at all. Dairy products seem to really make me drowsy. Is this happening to anyone else? I get really sleepy after i drink a little milk or eat something with cheese. What does that mean? I started out at 269 lbs and as of today im 231lbs. Let me know how you guys are doing!!
melissab
on 9/8/04 10:31 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Congrats on a great loss! I'm glad you generally are doing so well! I'm not as on the ball as you seem... I am guessing I'm doing something wrong at times, or failing to recognize things that bother me since I have as of yet never dumped, etc. But I do get sleepy periods, no rhyme or reason to when they come. Some days I'm great all day , other days if I don't have a nap I'm dragging and unable to do anything the rest of the day. Thankfully on the nap days I'm okay once I sleep a little while. I'm hoping to figure out what is causing this in me, since I'm applying for a job this week and if I get it I'll be back to work full time after many years home with my kids. I worked part time last year but that was also preop. It is weird that I had more energy at 2-3 weeks postop than I do now 5-6 weeks postop. Who knows?? As for the dairy, I had the same problem with it, also very gassy. Well actually just with milk ... yogurt, cheese etc doesn't seem to bother me. I switched to a lactose free skim milk, and it turns out it has less calories than regular skim milk, and 5 grams more protein as well. It also stopped the gas and the drowsiness. Maybe you can try that? Otherwise I am adapting well to postop life. I am so fortunate to have not vomitted even once. I am down from 270lbs to 222lbs, on a 5'3" frame, so I see/feel a huge difference. My body fat percentage has also gone down from 49% to 39% as of today. That part astonishes me more than the pounds lost! I am down from a tight 24plus pants, to a loose 18 pants. Keep up the good work, and perhaps try the lactose free milk?? The sleepiness after dairy could be a sign that you are now lactose intolerant? Luckily I don't taste any difference in the lactose free compared to the regular skim milk. Best of luck and congratulations again on becoming a LOSER Melissa
Naaazah
on 9/8/04 11:15 am - Killeen, TX
Congrats to you!!! Wow you seem to be doing it right, look at your weight loss and look at the fact that you have never had any vomiting or dumping. Thats Fantastic.!!! That tellls me you know what you can tolerate. As far as the milk i love whole milk, but i know its so fatty and thats probably why i get the way i do. Your doing so good, im still in a size 20 pants i dont like tight at all. im 5'6 just a little taller. Im so proud of you. Do you work out alot? I havent since ive gone back to work. I know thats so bad, but i havent given up on working out. Once again you go girl, your doing great , keep it up. Shameka
Lalocaweta
on 9/8/04 1:28 pm - Spicewood, TX
Shameka: I had surgery the same day as you and have to say I am encountering some of the same things. Some days - I can go without eating anything and be just fine. I try to force myself to eat 3 meals...But hard to do sometimes as I get caught up with "drama" of my high school students and forget about eating... I actually have only been hungry once or twice...Was a weird sensation in fact...I had almost forgotten what that was like. I don't do milk - I do cheese - and no drowsy stuff w/ it....But - I only do low fat and fat free...Could be if you are doing whole milk or regular cheese that the fat content is what is making you sleepy.... I agree with you - food is complicated..... Anne 260/215/150
bunnymorris
on 9/8/04 2:52 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Congratulations on the drop in weight. I agree with comment about being tired. I had a lot of energy and then over did it. I think I also picked up a bug because it put me to bed with shivering and then sweats. Anyway somedays are harder than other to get through. I feel good but get tired. I can report I am much better since I increase my protein and water. I'm walking faster on my walk now. I'm working 6 hours (up from 4 hours last week). Anyway--love how I feel--7 weeks out tomorrow and down 38 lbs. I eat most things but haven't tried salad or raw vegetables yet. Basic meat, cooked vegetable, fruit, and low fat dairy is ok but regular cottage cheese tears me up! Just experimenting around. Love, Bunny
dana W.
on 9/8/04 7:53 pm - fort worth, tx
well i'm so happy for u,, and to answer your question no milk doesnt make me sleepy but i notice i used to like milk and now it makes me sick.. i'm having a problem with staying up aft 2pm..r u having that problem? but everything seems to be going ok with u and i'm glad of that. i had my surgery on 7/29th and only lost 30lbs and i thought i was doing bad .. i hadnt lost any more since i weighed 9/1 not even a pound..is that right?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views