Uh-oh. I've got a pill problem!

SpyderS
on 9/8/04 5:50 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Jeff, Ignorance sucks with the docs, doesn't it? Bunch of ******** sometimes. I think we know more than them every now and then! As for your caps, opening them up and dumping them in something really is awful. Here is how I do it. I open the caps up carefully, making sure NOT to spill any of the powder. Then, I take the halves and lay them on my tounge carefully and gently, and then take a few deep gulps of water. Them babies go down with no problems at all. BUT.... now here is the key point... make sure you have a HALLS sugar free cherry cough drop (my fav flavor, but yours may be something else) ready and put that in yur mouth and start working that around. The taste of a HALLs cough drop of any flavor will chase away any lousy, bitter taste in your mouth in no time. I promise. At least with the caps, you know you are getting the med right away - in contrast to a whopper pill that won't begin to dissolve in your pouch for hours. Good luck babe. Spyder 357/314 PS... I like the way you have the % of your goal met so far. How far am I with my numbers above?
jcordell
on 9/8/04 7:33 am - TX
Hey Spyder, To figure out how far you've come, I'd need to know your goal weight, or what you hope to lose total. For me, I want to lose 150 pounds. As of today I've lost 63. So, you just divide 63 by 150, and you get .42, or 42% of goal. You've lost 43 so far, so say you also want to lose 150, 43 divided by 150 equals .286, or 28.6% of goal. Simple enough, huh? I find it's a great motivator! I cant wait to be at 50% of goal! only 12 more pounds until I'm there!!!
jcordell
on 9/8/04 7:39 am - TX
Hey guys! Thank you ALL for the advice! I called the surgeon's office to see about the liquid version, and I was told the capsules are OK as long as I don't take them on an empty stomach. In fact, I was told ANYTHING was OK except for time release stuff. Hmmmmm.... Anyway, I've found that taking these pills is forcing me to eat! I've tried to take smaller pills before on an empty stomach, and everytime they've gotten stuck and I've thrown them back up. But, so far so good with these pills, as long as I have a little food in me first. Despite what the doctors office said, if I'm not better in 3 days or so, I'm going back to my PCP for a shot or the liquid, and will DEFINITELY request these in the future. Thanks again. You guys are THE BEST! I think sometimes we DO know more than these doctors! Keep smiling and keep the faith! -Jeff RNY 7/7/4 338/275/188 42% to goal ***Happy Birthday Dan!***
thenogueras
on 9/10/04 12:05 pm - Atwater, CA
Hi Jeff, I wanted to let you know that I've been swallowing all my pills, even the really big Calcium Citrate, and they haven't bothered me. I usually take all my pills in the morning. God Bless! and Take Care of Yourself
JulieSM
on 9/12/04 5:56 am - Hesperia, CA
Jeff, I ttok in my vitamins to my doctor at my 1 month appointment, this vitamin is HUGE, I use prenantal vitamins, he looked at it and said "No problem" start them today........So I would think the capsule would go down fine. Good luck to you and I hope you are feeling better. My sincere condolances to you and your family!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views