help! not feeling well

marilyn P.
on 9/7/04 5:01 am - RACINE, WI
hello my wlf, for the last 3days i have been exprenceing bouts with barfing or just feeling nausea, i chew my food well it happens, if i sip water it happens , what should i do ? any suggestions? is there something i can take for this? marilyn
C J.
on 9/7/04 5:20 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Call your surgeon...you might have a stricture...and you can easily get deydrated if you can't keep fluids down. Let us know what happens. CJ
jenwright02
on 9/7/04 5:42 am - APG, MD
i am having the same problem and every time i go to the ER ( 4 times since i have been home) they tell me i am dehyratd. I was there yesterday and i got 2 IV bags and some medicine to help me stop throwing up. I dont go back to see my surgeon till 29 sept then i will be 2 months post opp. so good luck. Jen
C J.
on 9/7/04 6:34 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Jennifer...Call your surgeon! You should NOT be throwing up to the point of dehydration! Call your surgeon as soon as you read this! Do you hear me young lady? Do not make me drive to 29 Palms! Keep us updated....and call your surgeon..that's what he is there for.. CJ
IrishIze
on 9/7/04 7:55 am - NJ
I was feeling the same things and it ended up I had an ulcer and a stricture. Please Marilyn and Jennifer, call your surgeons!!! Nancy
jenwright02
on 9/7/04 12:03 pm - APG, MD
i did it i called my surgeon this afternoon and i am still throwing up so he wants to see me tomorrow. I knew that this journey would be hard but its killing me i have no energy for anything and i feel really bad.. any advice would be great. Jen
C J.
on 9/7/04 2:01 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Jennifer, Thank you for not making me drive to 29 Palms...just keep sipping clear liquids until you can see your surgeon tomorrow. Let us know how the appointment goes. Best Wishes CJ
jcordell
on 9/7/04 3:19 pm - TX
Please keep us posted on your progression! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers... -Jeff
DEBI
on 9/8/04 3:15 am - Indianapolis, IN
I'm 6 weeks out and started the same thing last week. I had an appointment for an upper GI tomorrow....but thankfully I seem to have resolved the problem.....but they told me it sounded like a stricture to them. I went back to full liquids for 2 days. My problem was feeling so "normal" I eat to fast....so I am back to the basics and chewing my food to death again. I am getting tired of the 'lump' I feel in my espohagus after every meal.....I hope this passes as time goes by. Best of luck to you and do call your surgeon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views