Eat/Drink anything and large amounts?

NadineM
on 9/7/04 4:17 am - Vancouver, WA
Is it just me??? But I feel most of the time I have not even had the surgery. I can down a full 8-10 glass of Protien shake with no problem within 5-10 min.. The other night I had a Lean Cuisine dinner meal and ate all the meat and veggies and then after about 1/2 hour had an Atkins Ice Cream bar. I know these portions are way smaller then I use to eat but wondering if I'm eating way too much? Last night we went to Mexican Dinner. I ordered a quesadilla appetizer. It was huge.....I only ate 2 small slices and was full. So some foods I can eat and other times I feel full sooner. I also had the other day a full Low Carb Slim fast bar. H-E-L-P???? Anyone else feel they didn't have the surgery sometimes? I am feeling guilty that I should be eating more like a bird and others who keep saying they only eat 2 oz each sitting??? Nadine :
NadineM
on 9/7/04 4:33 am - Vancouver, WA
Oops....I did mean 8-10 oz of Protein Shakes......
kberkihiser
on 9/7/04 4:38 am - Lancaster, PA
I notice this too sometimes, I cannot eat alot, in fact my 5 year old can eat more than I can, but what I can take in varies from food type to food type- Drinking is the issue for me - I cannot seem to get enough in for a day. Kristy 306/268/165
C J.
on 9/7/04 5:26 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Try tracking your intake on fitday.com or even on paper. Look at how much protien, carbs, calories you are getting so you can make an informed decision about how much you are getting in. I've noticed that different foods fill me up differently at different times of the day. It takes me at least 2 hours to drink a shake, but I can eat a small protein bar in 10 minutes. I can eat three bites of pot roast but a quarter cup of tuna. And a sf ice cream always goes down easy! CJ
Cathy C.
on 9/7/04 9:36 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Nadine, Could you give us some more information. How much weight have you lost? If you have been eating like this and have lost a lot of weight then perhaps your concerns are not a big deal. Cathy Open RNY 7/26/04 -43 pounds
NadineM
on 9/7/04 10:06 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Cathy, Congrats on your weight loss well you are doing way better then I have and you started a week ro so after me. You can view my profile it does stat my weight loss. Anyhow, I have lost only 23 pounds but I started out very light and they say we loose it alot slower. I was 203 day of surgery July 19th, 2004. 203/180/? Nadine
Tracey L.
on 9/9/04 5:54 am - Concord, CA
Hi Cathy, I had surgery the same day you did 7/26/04. I've lost 36 lbs and felt like I wasn't losing fast enough. I too find that I can eat more than I thought i should. I can eat a cup of pasta, but cannot handle any kind of ground meat. Chicken is okay. I'm really craving fresh veggies, but don't like them mushy so I've avoided. Let me know how you are doing? I see the nutritionist next week. Take Care,
dana W.
on 9/10/04 12:40 pm - fort worth, tx
That's how i feel,, i've lost 35lb since 7/29/04 but eating like a bird,,,except 1 day for some reason i was eating all day and it seemed like i was eating whatever i wanted just small portions.. i cldnt believe it.. and i'm also going to the gym..and walking around the park,, why some of my friends who have had the surgery lost 42lb the 1st mth and i only lost 22? my doctor had told me ,, when u feel like u've messed up.. go back to liquids,, so far the last 2 days ,, i've been on soup.. and protein drinks.. oh yeah,, i read where someone took an isopure drink and added sf kool-aid and i tried it and now i have drinks i can drink.. that r pretty tasty,, at least now i can get them down..
jcordell
on 9/7/04 3:28 pm - TX
Hey Nadine--let me just tell you that this silly little pouch of mine can't make its mind up. OK--an example: Sunday, all I ate were 5 Wendy's chicken nuggets for the entire day (2.4 oz). Monday, all I ate was 2/3 of an enchirito from my FAVORITE place Taco Bell for the entire day (3.2 oz). TODAY, however, I felt hungry most of the day, and ate 3 oz. of "krab" (pollock fish meat), and two hours later ate 1/2 of a turkey and cheese lunchable (2.25 oz). I feel like a stinking pig!!! My doc says 3 meals a day, 4 oz each, no exceptions, but I just can't do it. Anyway, somedays I can go the entire day without eating and others all I want to do is eat. I do find, the more water I drink, the less hungry I am. Water is my new best friend! You were lucky to start out a light weight. Heck, your starting weight is only 15 pounds above my GOAL weight. I'm sure you'll lose differently, but as long as it comes off, it's gone forever! Take care. Keep smiling and keep the faith! -Jeff RNY 7/7/4 338/276/188 41.3% to goal
Tanja Y
on 9/7/04 5:07 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I go thru this too. Yesterday all I ate was a slice of cheese......that's it. Nothing else but my Propel. Just the idea of eating made me want to and I ended up taking a 4 1/2 hour nap. I fixed the kids dinner and tried to eat it, but just couldn't. The day before I ate 'normal'; well normal as I can. Today I had a piece of string cheese for breakfast, 3 ritz crackers with cream cheese on them for snack; the toppings off a piece of cheese pizza (those small frozen ones) for lunch and a bite of sausage and a 1/2 of an egg for dinner. Oh, and one nibble of a piece of potato. I feel stuffed, yucky stuffed. ~Tanja
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views