Will it ever go away???

Tanja Y
on 9/6/04 8:03 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I had an iv in my neck.....one of many while in the hospital. I had my surgery 7/23 and the spot is still there! It drives me crazy, it almost looks like a big giant pimple. While the bruise was there it was ovbious (at least I thought it was) what it was or what it was from but now that everythings healed up and faded away except the big red bump it just sticks out. I feel like people are staring at it when they're probably not. I'm probably just being vain.....but gawd it really bugs me to still have that spot on my neck, plus it's still tender. ~Tanja
ileanak
on 9/6/04 10:33 pm - San Antonio, TX
Tanja, It is a scar (like your incision). It will fade in time, although you should make sure you use sunblock. Tanning or burning will make the scar show up longer and prevent it from fading. I had the pic on my upper right shoulder, and I still have the mark, although it is starting to fade, but I always have a shirt on and the sun doesn't get to it. Good luck!
JulesC
on 9/6/04 11:04 pm - Spring Hill, TN
I had pretty severe places on my neck from the iv. I put some hydrocortisone ointment on them while healing, but you could still see the spots caused by the tape. Mine are finally starting to fade away. I think it is just like a scar, and the only thing I have found to help it out is time to heal. Jules
lily K.
on 9/7/04 12:05 am - brockton, MA
dear tanja i have been using a scar cream i got at my local CVS called scar zone on my lap incisions and they look great. i think the active ingredient is the silicone and it also has sunscreen. i would ask the pharmacist for a scar fading cream (not cheap a 1 oz tube was about $10.) or ask your doctor i am sure they could recommend something good luck lilykate
dana W.
on 9/10/04 12:42 pm - fort worth, tx
i had one also and u're right its till there and inches like hell,,,i hope it'll go away,, but for now,, i just scratch it.. lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views