Drank good protein shake last night...

curlysue 9.
on 9/6/04 12:47 am - Demopolis, AL
I made up my own protein shake last night and I must say..... It was delicious!! I don't know the exact measurement of everything, but it contained the following: approximately one cup of ff milk (9 grams of protein), a few spoons of chocolate mint sug free icecream, one spoon of Any Whey Tasteless Protein (17 grams protein), and several ice cubes. It made one 16 oz. solo cup full. It had 26 grams of protein and it was very tastey!! Carol
JulesC
on 9/6/04 7:02 am - Spring Hill, TN
Carol - Thanks for the idea. I am struggling to get in enough protein so any assistance is alwasy greatly appreciated. Jules
curlysue 9.
on 9/6/04 9:06 am - Demopolis, AL
Hi, Jules! It was definately the best thing I've drank in awhile! It was a definate treat. However, I wasn't thinking. I used skim milk, which has 13 grams of sugars and has carbs too. It didn't make me sick, but I really don't need the sugars or carbs. Next time I will try the Fat Free Carb Countdown milk. It will be just as good, maybe better!!! Carol
Gail A.
on 9/7/04 12:53 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I have been able to tolerate only one brand of protein shake: Extreme Smoothie by Van Horn Technologies (VHT). I mix half a can of the chocolate with half a can of vanilla. It tastes just like chocolate milk, no after taste. It has 35 grams of protein. Available from the Vitamin Shoppe. Has saved my life as NOTHING tastes good, and I am living on cottage cheese, plain yoghurt and goat cheese. A lovely white diet! I am in my 7th week after RNY. Any other ideas? Will I ever get an appetite back? Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views