Hey update on me!

Jennifer L.
on 9/5/04 1:28 am - Bolton, CT
RNY on 07/20/04 with
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well! I am getting better as each day goes on. I went back to my doc, as I am still not able to eat without getting sick. I have lost a total of 62lbs in just over 6 weeks he was a little concerned and started me on some meds to help tighten my tummy to see if that will help. First time ever a doctor told me to try foods and eat whatever I can. I am lucky to be getting in 500 calories a day. Even shakes are making me sick. The only thing I can eat is shrimp. Plain shrimp. And that is tough sometimes. I feel like I have become bulimic. I eat then 5 minutes later I am in throwing it up! Well other then that I am great! I can walk my ankles aren't swollen anymore down 2 sizes in my clothes. I feel good just wish I could eat. Well sorry to take up so much space just wanted to share! jenn in ct rny 7/20/04 390/328/???
IrishIze
on 9/5/04 6:29 am - NJ
I had the same problem. Has your surgeon checked you for a stricture or an ulcer? I had both. I was unable to keep anything down and the protein shakes were worst of all. I still don't get in more than 500 calories a day, but I take the GNC Liquid Protein and 3 Tablespoons = 18 grams of protein, so that helps. I'm getting about 50g of protein a day. My worst problem is getting in enough fluids - I average about 35 oz per day, which I know is not near enough. I've been very lightheaded lately, and I think that's the reason why. I keep on plugging away - tonight I'm going to take a chance on Wendy's chili....fingers crossed!! Hope you can get it figured out and start feeling better soon. Hugs, Nancy
JulieSM
on 9/5/04 12:31 pm - Hesperia, CA
Jenn, i Hope you are doing better and start feeling great shortly!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views