It's a good day!

Denise W.
on 9/3/04 11:52 pm - MD
Life is so good after WLS. My doctor just took me off blood pressure meds after being on them 10+ years. Woo Hoo! Today I dragged DH (who was kicking and screaming) to our local gym to work out. I did 30 min on the treadmill (slow but did it!) and one set of lower body on the weight circuit machines. Boy did that feel good and my dogs loved my new perfume If I feel this good after 7 weeks post op, I can't wait to see how I feel after 6 months. What are you doing today that you couldn't do before?
bunnymorris
on 9/4/04 12:43 am - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
You're right--it is a great day! I can pick things up off the floor without being out of breath, tie my shoes comfortably, put on panty hose without feeling like sausage stuffed in the casing , buckling the seat belt without sucking it in, sitting in booths, wearing 2 sizes smaller, and feelings bones I forgot about a long time ago! That's 6 wks out so I'm excited about the rest of this journey! Everyone hang in there. I know--I have good and bad days too but today is great and I'm feeling good! love, Bunny
lily K.
on 9/4/04 1:30 am - brockton, MA
dear denise you are right life is good, i am down over 50lbs(preop and post op weight) and after 10 years as a type 2 diabetic(it runs rampant in my family) i am taking no meds and no insulin !!! even my "skinny" clothes are falling off me and i had to go out and buy new pants in a size 18, i haven't seen an 18 in 15 years!! so right now it is all good, it is difficult to go out sometimes and only eat a few bites when things at the table look so good, but i feel so great that its a passing thing as i remember how good i feel and how i look so much better now in my clothes and it will only get better best of luck to you on your journey lilykate
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/04 1:46 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I, too, have been taken off of my blood pressure medicine. In fact, I was taken off of it after just two weeks out. I am able to walk the treadmill for 30 minutes between a speed of 2.5 and 2.9. I am able to "shop 'til I drop," except that I don't drop any more at all. I just keep going, and going, and going...like the energizer bunny. I haven't had a clothing size change, although my clothes are starting to fit better. I think the best thing that has changed about me is that I no longer feel doomed to be fat forever. Even though I have a LONG way to go, I know that I'm actually going to get there this time! Pamela 352/322/135
jcordell
on 9/4/04 10:53 am - TX
Denise, I am so proud of your accomplishments! That is SO COOL!!! WOW! As for me, I like putting on clothes that haven't fit since 1996 when I lost over 80 pounds on Phen-Fen (I knew there was a reason I was keeping them)! Let's see, it's also good to fit in my friend's little BMW without feeling like I take up the entire cabin...oh, and sitting sideways in restaurant booths! Who'd a thought? Hee hee. Like you, I can't wait for a few more months. At Christmas time, I'll see my family and friends that haven't seen me since before WLS. I want to be down 100 pounds total, which means I'll need to lose another 42 pounds in about 16 weeks. NO PROBLEM! Again, congrats on your phenomenal achievements! Keep smiling and keep the faith! -Jeff
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views