Everyone has lost more than me....

jenniferwheeler
on 9/2/04 11:41 am - PA
I am so depressed...I had my surgery on 7/7/04 and I am reading everyone's post and even the people that had surgery after me have lost more weight that I have. I have only lost 37lbs since 7/7/04. And yes I know it was easy losing the 37lbs and I know they won't be back but I am so depressed and I don't know what to do. I only lost 5lbs in one month. What is wrong with me?
dana W.
on 9/2/04 12:03 pm - fort worth, tx
I know what u mean,, i had my surgery 7/29/04 and have lost 30lbs,, i thought by not being able to eat hell hardly anything i wld have lost at least 40 i cld have handle that better.. but 30 that's only a pound a day and wasnt we doing that without surgery? but back to u,, what r u eating? and how much r u eating? r u drinking your proteins? r u drinking ALL,,,ALLL,,,your water,, all this is very important,,and exercise,,exercise,, walk, walk, and then walk faster. its not as simple as we thougt its still work.. oh yeah,, if u r,, stay away frm fried foods, and sweet drinks,, good luck to both of us.. oh and i got this info frm some things i've read online abt the up keep of losing weight with this surgeryl. and i think it will help me.. so i hope i helped a little. dana
C J.
on 9/2/04 12:42 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
All right ladies.....Hold up you right hand and repeat after me ..I solomnly swear I will not compare my weight loss to another persons. I am an individual who gained this weight independently of anyone elses weight gain and I will lose it independantly of anyone elses loss. I will follow my plan to the best of my ability and I promise not to kick myself when I'm not perfect. I am a worthy person and my worth is not dependent on how much weight I lost". Now, don't you feel better? You really are doing great. Give yourself a hug and a break! CJ
DEBI
on 9/8/04 2:58 am - Indianapolis, IN
CJ............you crack me up. How are ya doing? I am at 6 weeks and 37 pounds.....yippee!!!!!!!!!!!! And I couldn't agree more about the hazzards of comparing weight loss to others. Can be damaging to the mind...lol. I love the ones who go from 300 pounds to 225 and say they are wearing a size 14. I wear a size 14 when I weigh 145 pounds. I must be made weird. Anyhow....to all of you....don't believe everything you read on here all the time and be realistic....a pound a day is about right for the 1st 2 months...it slows down after that...so enjoy it while it lasts!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/04 12:52 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Jennifer, I hate to disappoint you...but you're losing weight JUST FINE! I had surgery the day before you, and I have lost 29lbs, so you have me beat by a longshot. Oh, AND I started out at 352. Don't be discouraged...weight loss takes time. Your body doesn't know what to think, so it's trying to manage the best that it can. Eventually, the weight will come off, and if it takes longer than you initially expected, then maybe you'll be better off for it. They always say to never lose too much too fast
brittypie
on 9/2/04 11:09 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Apparently you have not read some of the other July profiles. I had Lap RNY on 7/1/04 and as of today have lost 28 pounds. I know there are others that are at about the same as me. I am thrilled with this loss and have decided I am just a little slower. 37 pounds in less than 2 months is nothing to sneeze at. How could this be bad???
Lori L.
on 9/3/04 4:11 am - Southern, NJ
Hey don't fret, my surgery was 7/12/04 and I have only lost 37lbs as well. That was as of 8/19. My scale at home wont move either. Also don't upset yourself in thinking about what others lost, you have no idea their starting weights and if they lost more it could be they were bigger than you, no need to compare, it will come off. My dr says it is good to lose it slowly because then your skin has time to retract and wont be as flabby. Good luck and stay strong ~Lori
Shelly H C.
on 9/3/04 7:27 am - New Castle, DE
Hi Jennifer, don't be discouraged. I had surgery July 1, 2004 and to date I have only lost 29 lbs. Lots of inches, but I have a slow weight loss. I had my 2 month appointment Wed and had only lost 11lbs. My surgeon said everything looks good. He said he could not tell me why, but I am losing weight slow. For the most part, I have followed everything my surgeon said. I eat 3 meals a day, I work out 5-6 times a week for 45min-60 min, depending on my mood and my endurance. I take all of my vitamins. I drink 64-80 oz of water daily. After my 1 month appointment, the scale didn't move for 2.5 weeks. Now all of a sudden the scale has moved. I jumped on it this morning and had lost 2.5 more lbs from Wednesday. I am going to keep moving forward as long as I am losing something, afterall, what else can you do! I hope things get better for you. ~Shelly
jenniferwheeler
on 9/3/04 9:10 am - PA
Thank you all for your kind words! You really did make me feel a lot better about the entire situation. I just want to give you all a huge hug! Thanks again! Jen Wheeler
JulesC
on 9/3/04 9:36 am - Spring Hill, TN
Jennifer - Like everybody said, we all lose weight at a different rate. You are taking the first step in a journey of a thousand miles. Everyone's journey will be different. Enjoy yours!!! Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views