Struggling

Debra O.
on 9/1/04 5:45 am - Chino, CA
Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while. I've been kinda depressed, and have just been lurking. I'm having some personal stuggles. Hubby hasn't worked in a while, and I do home daycare and I only have three kids that I watch right now, and Monday one of the three gave me notice. So financially things are in the toilet for us. I think all of the stress is making my pouchy really grouchy. Everything I eat is causing my tummy to hurt. The only thing that makes it feel good is ritz crackers, and i know I shouldn't be eating those. I've been forcing down my protien drink and vitamins in the morning. But other than that I haven't been eating the right foods or excersising too much. I guess what I'm asking for is for someone to give me a wake up call. ( Or a kick in the ass) Whichever will work. I never thought I would be one to fall into a depression. Today is my 7 week anniversary from having WLS, and I have lost 38lbs, so I'm happy about that. I just need a little push in the right direction I guess. Thanks for being there. ~Debra
bugsmom
on 9/1/04 6:49 am - In Mom's House, CA
Hey Debra! Has it really been exactly 7 weeks? Well, good for us! I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Me, too. Some days I feel just fine, but most days I have trouble. Haven't been able to tolerate my protein for the past few days. Only food that seems to make me feel better is cantelope. Not much protein there. I've lost a little over 40 lbs so I'm happy about that. Dr. Suh has me taking potassium (when I can choke them down) and iron every day. I was feeling really fatigued there for awhile. The exercise has been tough. I took an exercise class Friday morning and over did it and felt like crap all day Friday and most of the weekend. I've been trying to just walk a couple of times a week. If it's any consolation I'm going through a very rough patch financially too. I only work 20 hours a week and am not able to pay my bills as a result. I have no husband. I'm sure things will turn around for both of us. They have to. We've been through so much. Hang in there, chin up, and all that other stuff people say to make you feel better. Merritt
Debra O.
on 9/1/04 7:39 am - Chino, CA
Hey Merritt, Thanks for your response, I'm sorry to hear that things are rough with you too. Sometimes God puts troubles in our lives to make us stronger. I just wi**** didnt hurt so bad to eat solid food. I want a big old hamburger right now so bad I can taste it. lol
Tiggy B.
on 9/5/04 10:47 am - South Florida, FL
Debra, You'll soon have two kids to watch... and want to exercise more... and have two hands... I bet they'd LOVE it if you took them for walks! Hang in there, --Tiggy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views