A whole cheeseburger????

cindy m.
on 8/31/04 10:25 am - Trenton, MO
Hello Jeanne !! How long did you take to eat. the slower you go seems you can eat more. Sometimes I feel like i've eaten too much also. I do better if i just put a small portion on my plate so my mind doesn't make me think i have to at least "try to see if i can fini**** all" I had a McDonalds hamburger yesterday minus the bun. It tasted good with a pickle slice. The tiny pattie was perfect sized. I refuse to eat any bread though. I guess their fried burger isn't the best choice, a grilled burger would be better. Hugs ~Cindy
brittypie
on 8/31/04 10:37 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Thanks for the response Cindy...it did not take too long to finish....only about 15 minutes...which is also crazy. Thanks again.
Cathy C.
on 8/31/04 11:43 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Jeanne, I was wondering if you were drinking some fluids as you ate. We are taught that if you drink and eat you wash the food right out of the pouch and logically can eat more but it will not benefit you nutritionally, which should be the reason for eating. Our surgeon's office tells us not to drink fluids for 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after eating our 4 ozs of protein. I have no idea how else you could have consumed a whole cheeseburger. Do you have a nutritionist to consult from your surgeon's post op care? It just doesn't seem possible to me. I couldn't dare even eat 1/4 of such a thing without it causing me troubles. I'd check with your surgeon to verify how big your pouch is if this is the norm for you. If you were that hungry perhaps you aren't getting your regular 2-4 ounces of protein 4-6 times a day. You shouldn't have that kind of hunger that drives you thru MickeyD's. I haven't had any hunger since my surgery. I am keeping myself well fortified with protein at regular intervals and think that's why. I hope you can figure this out or you are going to have trouble being compliant. Best of luck. Cathy Open RNY 7/26/04 -43 pounds
brittypie
on 8/31/04 10:36 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
I do follow the 30 minute rule, that's for sure. I was going through the drive through for a co-worker and thought I would try it.
sammyglo
on 8/31/04 1:04 pm - Hobart, IN
for starters, i'm not going to ask you why you ate it because i understand as should most of us if not all of us. i have eaten a whole sandwich at a restraunt. i actually don't tend to eat much of the bread, but a whole sandwich surprised me too. i find myself feeling defferent degrees of hunger. sometimes i eat more than other times. don't sweat it!!! your tummy will let you know if you had too much...it is still in control of us at this point. take care and good luck!!!!!
brittypie
on 8/31/04 10:34 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Thank you Gloria! Your profile is beautiful!!!
DEBI
on 9/1/04 3:09 am - Indianapolis, IN
Don't beat yourself up. I have experimented beyond what I am supposed to eat also. I am not supposed to have red meat for the first year....but I made sirloin tips and egg noodles last nite for supper....yummyyyyyyyy...of course I only ate about 1/2 cup. If you find yourself out and about and get hungry....try making smart choices. Wendy's Chili is much better for ya than a cheeseburger.....and it's high in protein. I have had the strongest cravings this week for Church's Fried Chicken.....I pulled in one day and told myself one leg won't hurt. Thankfully there were a ton of people in line, so I left without the high fat chicken and had baked spagetti at home instead. By the way...your stomach was about 2-3 oz after surgery....it does and will grow to 6-8 oz by the end of a year......IF you follow the doc's instructions. 5% of WLS patients gain back all of their weight and then some.....
kellyh26
on 9/1/04 8:04 am - White Bluff, TN
I'm not allowed red meat for a year, my doc says it's to hard to digest. And I'm scared of getting sick... I dunno why you were able to eat a hambuger in 15 mins. Good luck with the rest of your journey. Kelly 7/6/2004 Lap RNY -60 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views