A whole cheeseburger????

brittypie
on 8/31/04 3:25 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Please, please, please, someone tell me how I could eat a whole cheeseburger from McDonald's at just two months post-op?????? This seems crazy being that my stomach is supposed be the size of an egg!! I know some will say...."Even if you can, why would you??" Because I was hungry!!! I know it's a tool....but at this early post-op this surgery is supposed to stop me from eating like this....I thought!
bugsmom
on 8/31/04 3:40 am - In Mom's House, CA
Wow, I'm not even allowed to have red meat yet. How long did it take you to eat it? I have a friend who had WLS 4 years ago and she says she can eat a Big Mac but it takes her anywhere from an hour and a half to 2 hours to do it. If it took you an hour or more to eat the cheesburger then that's probably how and why you were able to. One thing my surgeon told me before I had my WLS was that I shouldn't try certain foods because if I discovered I could tolerate them, then I'd be pretty likely to eat them. He advised, for example, to never eat french fries because if they went down and stayed down ok, my brain would wrap itself around the idea that I could eat them and I would. be careful what you try. Merritt
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/04 4:57 am - Somewhere Else
Those cheeseburgers from McD's are so small, I'm not surprised you could eat a whole one. I personally refuse to eat a whole bun and will only use the bottom of one if I eat a burger. Lately though I haven't been eating much of anything. But not long ago I could eat a whole Michellina meatloaf and mashed taters....now I'm lucky to eat 5 cashews. I wouldn't worry if you managed that burger, unless of course you were doing it at each meal etc....you have to realise that you DO have to eat. (although a grilled burger would have been better than McD's fried garbage...) I found that at each sitting, I had a different degree of hunger and could eat a varied amount...as long as the weight is coming off and you're not getting sick...there isn't much of a problem. Just wouldn't recommend that you eat that way often, especially fast food...it's awful for anyone to eat, so unhealthy. You'll be fine...you'll learn your limits. Linda
brittypie
on 8/31/04 10:40 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
I still am only doing about 800 calories a day...so that's good. Thank you for your kind words.
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/04 7:08 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
On Saturday, I ate most of a hamburger (one of those frozen kind you cook on the grill) with a bun AND some pork and beans. I have found that the more meat I eat, the less I eat over all, and I know that dinky hamburgers don't have a lot of meat. I know how you feel,though. I felt very guilty and wondered how I could do such a thing. I decided not to sweat it and try to pay better attention to what I am doing when I make food choices. My stomach DOES let me know when I've overdone it, and on Saturday, I was full, but not sickly full, so I figured I was "ok."
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/31/04 9:45 am - MD
the most i have been able to eat is half a chicken sanwhich from mc donalds ...everyone is different
brittypie
on 8/31/04 10:37 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Thanks Jessica!
dana W.
on 9/2/04 12:52 pm - fort worth, tx
i'm with them,, every one is diff and our minds tell us eat this ,, try that just see,, what happens. i tried mc double meat cheese burger and was only able to eat 3 tiny 1 yr old bites. and gave the rest away.. but i still have lost on 30lbs in 30 days,, i had surgery on 7/29/04 and feel like i shld have lost at least 40. i just started walking, and stuff so hopefully that will help along with the protein and water.. good luck,, and try to drink ,,water b4 ordering or leaving your work to go get something for someone else,,,drink a protein drink that will chng your stomach and i bet u wouldnt have eaten but a bite if that,, think liquids when u want something solid. dana
brittypie
on 8/31/04 10:39 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Thank you for responding Pamela! I have seen you post before..and I like following your progress...we are about the same time post-op. I see you are a slow loser too. As of today I am down just 26 pounds! Still happy though! Take care!
brittypie
on 9/2/04 11:11 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Thanks Pamela!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views