Post Carb Well Cereal Bars

Dawn is D.
on 8/30/04 8:42 am - Dayton, NJ
I came across these post carb well bars in the supermarket today and picked them up as I was really impressed with their protein content, 10 for each bar! However, listed below is the carb and sugar content. Do you think this is ok, or too much that might cause dumping? Any advice would be appreciated! Per Bar Total Fat: 5g Carb: 15g Fiber: 3g Sugars: 5g Sugar Alcohol: 3g Protein: 10g
JackieF
on 8/30/04 9:39 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Dawn, I bought the carb well bars and I think they are good. I had my surgery on July 8th and I didn't dump when I ate them. I have both flavors, the cranberry almond and cinnamon one. Jackie
Rebecca T.
on 8/30/04 9:43 am - Central, NY
THose numbers are within my doctor's recommendations...I haven't seen these - I will have to look for them the next time I'm in the store!
curlysue 9.
on 8/30/04 10:39 am - Demopolis, AL
Hi Dawn! Somebody just posted this information on the Alabama Boards! They said that it was delicious and didn't make them dump. I have seen this product in my local grocery store, but haven't tried it. I am definately going to buy a box next time I am in there. Thanks! Carol -33
MargaretD
on 8/31/04 3:13 am - Nashville, TN
Have you seen the EAS Advant Edge bars? Some of them have as many as 22gm of protein and less sugars/carbs. The cals are around 210, though. I was looking at the post carb well bars last night and did not get them because I thought they had too many over all carbs per bar. I need to review my doctors guidelines, though, because I normally don't pay too much attention to the carbs in the food I eat. Have you all seen the Russell Stover Low Carb candies?? I have tried the peanut butter cups (like reese's) and they are quite good! I eat them really slow and let it melt in my mouth. For a while I was having one a day for lunch, but decided it was too much and they should really be treated as a big treat for something special. That is my way to keep from overindulging! Margaret 238/201.2/130?
Mattie
on 8/31/04 8:28 am - West Allis, WI
Have you tried the Quaker Q-Smart bars - those are good too. Peanut Butter Choc. Chip - 120cal; 6 fat; 8 carbs; 1 sugar; 3 sugar alcohol; 11 protein or Cranberry almond - 120cal; 6 fat; 8 carbs; 1 sugar; 3 sugar alcohol; 10 protein
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views