I'm back....

IrishIze
on 8/26/04 11:11 pm - NJ
First of all, let me say that it was so nice to see people on the other thread asking about me - it made me feel so good!! Well, I have had a pretty awful time of it. I just got out of the hospital after 5 days. I have an ulcer and a stricture. They tried to fix the stricture but couldn't, and the procedure was terrible - no anesthesia while they stuck this thing down my throat. Now I have to go to another hospital in NYC to try it there. There is the stricutre and also an opening in the staple line to my old stomach, and that is where the food is going now since I am able to eat. They inserted a PICC line - another terrible procedure while I was wide awake and unsedated. Since I have very small veins - they had to inject nitroglycerin to open my veins up. The PICC line is in case I have to feed myself intravenously. I didn't know what a PICC line was - if I did, I would have refused it. Now I have to inject myself every day with Heparin and flush the catheter - I don't do that kind of stuff - I get woozy. That's not even to mention the fact that I am pretty phobic about doctors and injecting things into my body. In my opinion, I made a terrible mistake having this surgery. I'd rather have taken my chances being 300 lbs - at least I had some quality of life. At this point I don't weigh myself - I don't even care. My surgeon is very attentive and good and he feels terrible about this. He is very reassuring that we will get this taken care of, but I have kids and I have to get back to work at some point. I'm so terribly discouraged.... Again, thank you all for thinking about me - it's the first time I've smiled in days..... Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/04 11:43 pm - Somewhere Else
Nancy... I'm so sorry that you've had to go through all of this. But try not to let it discourage you or give you regrets. I know that is very difficult, but the doctors will have you all fixed up, and then the benefits of the surgery will come pouring in. I wish there was something I could do to help you. I do have faith that the doctors will get things right for you soon. I'll keep you in my prayers...and keep hoping that things are fixed quickly! Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Linda
Cindi
on 8/26/04 11:54 pm - Nashville, GA
Hello Nancy, I'm very glad to see you back online. I am so sorry to hear of your complications. Please be encouraged and know that you and your family are in my prayers. Cindi
Deejay
on 8/27/04 1:01 am - Sparks, NV
Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear of your trouble. I will pray that you will be fixed up back to "normal" and this is just a bump in the road to a better new life. Hugs to you sweetie. Deejay
Monna W.
on 8/27/04 1:40 am - Susanville, CA
Nancy, I am so sorry to hear about your setbacks. Like you, I have had significant problems since surgery, but they are now all resolved (7 weeks out) and I feel so much better than I did before surgery. I had a GI bleed 10 days post-op and no one realized it (I am an RN****il I was as death's door. Thankfully, I did not require surgery to repair it or I would have died with all my other health problems. Then a few days after I was released from the hospital for the GI bleed, I developed a severe infection at my incision line (a portion had opened up during my episode with the GI bleed and had to be restitched). After a week on antibiotics and having an incision and drainage with another drain inserted, there was no improvement. Finally, after adding another antibiotic and 3 weeks later it resolved. Now I have so much energy and feel so wonderful. A couple of years ago when I was working as a home health nurse, I had a patient on total parental nutrition (TPN--receiving nutrition through a PICC line) who had had WLS and it had gone awry. She was at death's door several times. She finally had to have the surgery redone. Now she is slim and trim and so glad that she had the surgery. She is better able to care for her children and she has been able to accept a more fulfilling job with higher pay than before--the new job requires lots of energy and movement which she could not do before the weight loss. I say these things to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Give yourself and your physician time for the healing and corrections to work. You are definitely in my prayers. Sending you the white light of healing. Monna
Gina F
on 8/27/04 2:12 am - Belton, TX
Oh, Nancy... I'm so sorry for all you've been through. Somewhere in all this is a blessing that they found the problem and now you can move forward. Not what you want to hear today, I know. You know if you've read lots of profiles that those folks who have complications usually do get better and end up being happy they had the surgery. It will get better... I'm praying for you! Big hugz, Gina F.
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/27/04 2:26 am - Oxnard, CA
Oh Nancy sweetie I am sooo sorry. I will say a prayer for you. But I know you will get all this worked out and have no regrets in the long run. Hugs!!!
Linda O.
on 8/27/04 3:53 am - Sea Cliff, NY
Hi Nancy I was worried when I didnt see you online. I am glad your back and I feel terrible for you with all your going through.My step daughter went through a very similiar experience when she had wls it was awful for her the first 3 months with lots of regrets. But today she is a healthy person and is happy with her choices. You were always so encouraging to all of us and so helpful.I hope you find some peace in all this and do not lose hope. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Hugs Linda
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/04 6:59 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Nancy, I'm sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you. On the bright side, now you know why you weren't feeling well Seriously, though, I really feel for you. I am certain that once your troubles are fixed and you're back to being healthy, you'll also be very happy. Keep your chin up...staying positive will carry your through this and you'll be better off for it.
jcordell
on 8/27/04 5:02 pm - TX
Nancy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. May God bless you and watch over you as you work through this setback. Take good care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views