Advice please

Sherry Sonson
on 8/26/04 11:30 am - Valdese, NC
Hello All, I am almost 6weeks out and I need to go back to work, but my pouch is being stubborn, and it will not let me eat without getting so sick Even my SF popsicles and water, and crystal lite, makes me sick, not to mention soft food. I went to the Doctor Monday and he wanted me to have a barmium Xray and he said everthings looked good, to try liquids for two days, which I did, and today I called him back to let him know I am still sick, and he prescribed Phegan (ms) tablets and they knock me out and now since I have been up for a while, I am as sick or sicker than I was. I was also on the patch for nausea. Has anyone gone through this and how long did it last. They want me back at work Monday, but I dont think I can make it. Thanks to everyone for their support, Sherry
missang
on 8/26/04 1:27 pm - Garfield, NJ
I am 5 weeks out and I started getting sick when I started to eat "normal" food If I ate something that I thought agreed with me I would keep eating it and then after I ate it about 3 times it would make me sick I started to feel like my throat was closing I would make myself vomit which wasn't hard it was right there just needed a little help I went for my 5 week check up and I told my doctor about it and he suggested going back to soft foods. The thought was I was eating too fast and I probably would agree I wait tp eat until I am hungry and then I eat so fast.. Right now I am fighting the feelong of nausea. All I can say is wait it out my friend had the same problem and she said it lasted a year No way could I stand this for a year So I am writing a diary and I am taking 2 pepsidsin the morning and 2 at night before dinner so that does help I picked on something before that is making me feel like I do but the pesid the way I have been taking them works Try it and let me know Andrea
grannyannie
on 8/27/04 2:48 am - Celina, OH
Hi Sherry.... Sounds to me like you have stomal stenosis and that you need yout stoma dialated. Check with your doctor. My daughter had the same problem and after she had it done it was almost instant relief. Hang in there. Anna L Archer [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views