any lap banders or ohioans on this board?

Christina S.
on 8/22/04 9:40 am - North Canton, OH
I was banded on July 1 - wondering if there's anyone else here with the same date, or any WLS in general in the Northern Ohio area? Take care! Tina
Tara118
on 8/22/04 10:54 am - Trenton, OH
I am from Southern Ohio. I also had opne RNY but hello from a fellow Buckeye!!
Great_Sphinx
on 8/22/04 11:03 am - Medina, OH
Hi! My name is Elisabeth and I am from north eastern Ohio. I didn't get banded, but I had a laprascopic RnY done just a week after you had your surgery. Nice to meet you!!
Great_Sphinx
on 8/22/04 11:04 am - Medina, OH
Oh! I just noticed that you are from North Canton. I am only about 40 minutes from you.
Christina S.
on 8/22/04 1:05 pm - North Canton, OH
HI Guys!!! I thought I'd mention that there is a wls support group in Belden Village, Canton - that meets once a month. I will be going next month Meetings still going on - 2nd Tuesday of each month. Location: Perkins Restaurant on Everhard at about 7:00 p.m. I missed it in July - forgot all about it - and was on vacation this month - but will be going in September for sure. Don't know if you know about it - I had gone to one last year - when I started researching - but had the whole insurance denial thing going on and ended up going to mexico and paying out of pocket. LOL anyhow - haven't seen the group since last year. If you know and will be there - great I'll see you - if you didn't know but want to come - great - I'll see you. TIna
Great_Sphinx
on 8/22/04 1:14 pm - Medina, OH
Thanks I will most likely be going to the support group meeting at my HMO at the end of this month, but I will keep the one at Belden Village in mind (That's only a few minutes away from my grandmother... good excuse to go visit). Thanks :D
Christina S.
on 8/22/04 9:16 pm - North Canton, OH
Elisabeth! I just noticed you are from Kent? I work in Kent! We should get together for lunch sometime ;) I work in the downtown Kent area - love bellacinos tortilla pizzas - or there's applebees - they've got some wonderful food too!! I USED to LOVE chipotle - but I doubt I could eat even half of one of there wonderful burrito's anymore. I'd love to chat about portion sizes and stuff and just general experiences.. Let me know if you're game - if you work in the kent area too - it would be cool to meet for lunch. Tina
Great_Sphinx
on 8/23/04 12:59 am - Medina, OH
That would be really nice... although if your schedule permits it, more like 4:30 or so (maybe go to Susans for a coffee? They have some awesome SF syrups... I love to get lattes with Sf hazelnut syrup. Mmmm.) would be better for me. I have to wait for my husband to get home from work. You can either email me or respond here
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views