I don't like the main board... They are mean.

Great_Sphinx
on 8/22/04 12:41 am - Medina, OH
I was responding to a post on the main board (about resturant cards) and I got attacked for my opinion. Not necessarely on the board, but I got a couple emails that were just plain mean. I don't want to leave this particular board, but of the main one is like that, then I don't ever want to go back. I was under the impression that these boards were supposed to be support boards and what I got was anything but support. Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone?
Tara118
on 8/22/04 1:15 am - Trenton, OH
Hi Elizabeth!! I don't go to the main board...I ususally go to the Ohio board. They seem very supportive. I'm sorry they made you feel that way. I hate it when I am asking for advise or telling about something and i feel attacked with the responses. You're right...this is suppost to be a support group!! Tara -Open RNY 305/281/180
Lalocaweta
on 8/22/04 3:43 am - Spicewood, TX
Elisabeth: You certainly are NOT alone - I have posted a couple of times to questions that the asker was treated horribly. Some of the people on there, who are long term, as as you said - just plain mean. What bothers me a lot is that they are held in high regard by many of the others on the main board. I want to be able to ask questions and not feel like I am going to be called horrid names, ridiculed, etc. However, I am going to continue to check out the main board - as I have found some useful information. Not sure how active your state board is - but the one is Texas is fairly active and have not seen any of the cruelty that is on the mainboard. Anne
Great_Sphinx
on 8/22/04 4:10 am - Medina, OH
Thank you Anne and Tara. At least I know that I am not just imagining things. I think I am just having a really bad day today (Not that it excuses their rudeness). I will be taking two of my daughters and one of their friends out to see a movie in about 15 minutes... hopefully things will get better from that point.
C J.
on 8/22/04 5:15 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Elizabeth, I must hae missed the post....was it about WLS friendly restraunts? Any way there are multiple messages/posts abot peps neding to mind there manners, be supportive and even a few apololgies. Check it out when you get home. You might be pleasantly suprised. Cj 246/215/138
Great_Sphinx
on 8/22/04 7:09 am - Medina, OH
Thanks CJ. Yeah. It was the original resturant cards thread waaaay back a few pages (80 some posts and was started yesterday). I have also been reading some of the threads that you mentioned. I am tempted on posting again, but I am not in the mood to get my head chewed off yet again today. I admit it. I am scared to post. There was one email response to me that really hurt and she is a regular on the board. Thing is, she doesn't feel she did anything wrong. I have never posted over there before and I wanted to post something about eating out at resturants. I saw that thread (and I had no idea the subject was so controvercial) and figured I would put in my two cents. I guess people say I should be thick skinned or not post at all, but I didn't expect the nastyness I got back. *sigh* Hopefully I will be in a better mood tomorrow.
C J.
on 8/22/04 5:16 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
The Main board seems to go through these spells where some people just get nasty. It's funny what triggers it. Sometimes the most innocent qestion will get'em going. I'd EM the person back and tell them you thought they were out of line and then block their EM's. Don't let a couple of bad apples spoil the bunch for you. There is a lot of good info over there. I do hope tomorrow is a better day for you. CJ 246/215/138
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views