My first "AMEN" moment!!!

melissab
on 8/20/04 9:19 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
This week has been so good to me, I have to stop a few times a day and thank God for how this surgery has blessed me already! I am 3 weeks plus postop and last week I had been very depressed, started some crying jags, having a right good pity party (with only me in attendance, I really was a LOSER in more ways than one HAHA). I had plateau'ed after week one, lost nothing in 2 weeks, not on ounce as of Monday morning, despite walking 3 miles minimum per day, doing the fluid, protein, surgeon's diet, etc. I had that fatal feeling of "oh, it isn't going to work for me". Then I went to the gym yesterday and weighed myself. And I had lost 5 pounds since Monday morning! While there, someone mentioned they could really see the weight loss and were shocked that I had only lost what I had lost. My neighbour also said she was suprised, that she noticed me through the window earlier in the week while I was watering my flowers and was stunned to see how much smaller I looked already. So it was cold and I thought I'd find pants instead of shorts to wear. My pants I wore a week before surgery, the ones my DH had to help me zip because they were too tight ( I kid you not), were fitting like clown pants! It was comical how large they were, there was no way I could wear them. So then I go down a size (My clothes closet ranges from size 12-24) and THEY were too big! Went down another size to get something to fit me! So I've dropped 2 clothes sizes in 3 weeks!! I was stunned, crying in my bedroom and racing to call my mother and share my excitement Then today I went to buy something new to work out in at the gym (in my vast sized closet, you'll find nothing to work out in, it wasn't a part of my preop life) and at the plus sized clothing store I usually wear a large size pants, today I fit the small and they are loose and comfortable!! So next time I'm depressed at a lull in weight loss, or at not getting to eat certain things (like my favorite butter tarts! lol), I'm going to remember the GOAL here, and that it is WORKING so long as "I work it" Just wanted to share my joy with those here who I know will appreciate the amazement, shock, awe, and delight at something like this Melissa
C J.
on 8/20/04 6:08 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
How absolutely wonderful! You must have spent the day smiling. You have a great attitude, cuz it's not just the pounds. It's also the inches and the smaller sizes and the little surprises. Have a great day CJ
sammyglo
on 8/21/04 3:40 am - Hobart, IN
That is sooo wonderful. i understand what you are saying. my closet is full of clothes ranging from a size 26 down to a 10. i need those size dividers like they have in department stores. i too have been moving down in clothing sizes. i am not inbetween sizes, one is way to big and the other is a bit tight. good luck on all of your weight loss. keep smiling!!!
JulesC
on 8/22/04 11:50 am - Spring Hill, TN
I had surgery the day before you and have experienced some of the slow scales syndrome too. But trying on smaller clothes really helped me - I too am down 2 sizes, to a 24. It has been two years since I wore some of the clothes I am now wearing. Glad I buy boring stuff that does not go out of style!!!! Congrats on your tremendous progress. Jules
MargaretD
on 8/24/04 3:22 am - Nashville, TN
I have the "multi-sized closet" too. I think it is fun to go through and pull the things that don't fit anymore. I have also been going through and pulling the things that may still be a little small for me, but will be in the wrong season by the time I am able to fit into them. This is of course hoping that by next spring/summer even the 16/14s will be too small. I am now an 18 but those are a little large and the 16s are a little small. I have a huge stack of clothes ready to sell on consignment (hoping to make money to buy new clothes) or give away. I think it feels very good to make my closet lighter, too. Before, it was just stuffed to the gills with clothes that I would hopefully fit into again one day. Now I really will and can get rid of the big clothes. Yay. Margaret RNY 7/21/04 238/209/130??
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views