3 week check-up

LisaSpi
on 8/20/04 4:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Well, I went in for my 3 week check -up yesterday. Dr says I am doing great; down 11 pounds pre-op and 22 pounds since surgery so thats a big 33 pounds since I first saw him on May 27th!! I was so excited! I have been advanced to the pureed stage of foods.....yeah!! But he said in three weeks I can start to introduce real food ......I feel good most days. Still get tired and take naps every day, he says thats normal. I am healing well, he says there will probably be very little scarring on the outside. Mentally I have good days and bad days. I think the first week and a half really stunk! But it does get better and I just keep my eye on the grand prize..... a healthy life. I can now bend my knees and I actually have feet/hands that dont look like stuffed sausages, I can go to the store and walk around and not have to take one of those riding carts. So, right now, life is good!!!! Lisa Spiker 364/331/160
cindy m.
on 8/20/04 4:32 am - Trenton, MO
Hello Lisa!! Wow!!! You are really doing great!!! I know what you mean about the sausage feet/hands!! It feels so good to see normal feet/hands again!!! and going to the store.... I walk through them with pride even with shorts on!!! I agree with you Life is good!! Take care! Lots of hugs ~Cindy~ -31 lbs
GailD
on 8/20/04 8:57 am - Racine, WI
Great job, Lisa! We share a surgery date! I'm down 20 lbs. and feeling great. I know just what you mean about your feet/hands not looking like stuffed sausages. Isn't that bizarre how they look thinner already!? I'm on pureed food, too...kind of having a hard time figuring out what to eat. I LOVE pureed low-fat cottage cheese with a little poultry seasoning and seasoning salt. I know it sounds strange...but it's yummy! Gail D.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views