I'll take number 2 with extra egg roll please

KooKooKeri
on 8/22/04 10:43 am - Reseda, CA
Hi, about dumping on mashed taters...they probably did NOT add sugar to it - - you/we can dump from ANYTHING. it could've been the butter or milk in it. You never know. It's all a learning experience. But i didnt want you to think that we ONLY dump from sugar. Not true at all. some people dump on breads, not sugars, etc. Good luck!
JustHat
on 8/22/04 1:04 pm - NM
Thanks for the info. I have had mashed potatos at home before. So, I figured that it had to be something added. I know that on a lot of kids foods, they DO add sugar so the kids will really like it and want it again. There is one frozen kid's meal where they add sugar to the coating to the fried chicken. I always noticed it was sweet, but never thought to see what they were coating it with until I was looking at the ingredients for something else. So, I thought that might be the case here too. The sad truth is that you never really know. I am not eager to dump again, but it will be nice to identify what ever caused it. Thanks again for the info.
Karen K.
on 8/22/04 5:29 pm - Central, CA
It's been fun and challenging to be able to eat out again. Fun because it's something I've always enjoyed and was afraid I might have to give up, and challenging because sometimes there just isn't a good option on the menu. I'm trying to stay as low fat as possible. My favorite so far has been Thai food, (something with shrimp) or Mexican food, (something with shrimp). Fish and shrimp have been my staples since I started whole foods. I had a Baja Fresh Grilled Mahi MAhi Taco, "hold the cabbage" and it was WONDERFUL. I didn't eat the tortilla, just the fish, avacado and salsa. I'm a cheap date too! When we go to Mexican food, my honey orders the Garlic Grilled shrimp, I eat two shrimp and few bites of beans and I'm full. At the Thai restaurant, I eat some of the tofu and shrimp from the Pad Thai, plus the broth of won-ton soup. I've found that I'm starting to enjoy toying in the kitchen again. It's been fun trying to revamp some of my recipes to be lower in fat and calories and higher in protein.
Heather M.
on 8/23/04 12:35 am - Kirtland AFB, NM
I live at Taco Bell. We have one right by our house and I eat a pinto's and cheese daily. As for restaurants we have gone to Olive Garden. I just told them that I had WLS and that I would just take a few bites of my husbands and they had no problem with it. That was wonderful I had him get fettuccini alfredo with mushrooms. Then at Chili's I had a side of mashed potatoes same thing just explained to them that I had surgery. At Fudd Ruckers I got a baked potato. I haven't had any problems with foods except for eggs one time and found out later that it wasn't the eggs. I'm not eating enough and my blood sugar keeps bottoming out. Good thing for me I can still tolerate sugar because when I start getting sick I drink either a few swigs of coke or o.j. with sugar added to get it up and then eat some cheese. Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views