I'll take number 2 with extra egg roll please

Denise W.
on 8/20/04 3:17 am - MD
Life is so good!!! Today for lunch I went with a co-worker for my first post op restaurant meal. Chinese food! Yum Yum I ordered egg drop soup and egg foo yung with the sauce on the side. Had a few spoonfuls of the soup and about 1/4 of a egg foo yung...there were three on my plate! Gave the fried rice to my co-worker The poor waitress was distressed when I told her I was done until I said how delicious it all was and could she please box it up for me. Now I have dinner tonight but am sure I'll have to toss the rest...just can't eat that much. How is everyone else dealing with eating out?
cindy m.
on 8/20/04 4:20 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Denise!! I have been ot to eat a few times and bring home what I don't eat for another meal or I share it with others. Yesterday I did have a problem at Subway, I asked for just a scoop of tuna salad, you'd think I'd asked for the impossible!! They would not do that for me It had to be a sandwich or a whole salad!! I asked if I could have the bread on the side. No there way or no way so I decided it was no way. I wouldn't have went there but my teenage daughter was trying to be nice and take me to lunch when we were shopping. I guess I could have just scraped off the tuna from the bread but jeez I felt what I asked wasn't too much. Anyways thats the only problem I've had. Sorry for the long entry!! Hugs ~Cindy~ -31 lbs
Christina S.
on 8/22/04 9:38 am - North Canton, OH
Cindy - It may have just been the subway you went too. I know i have asked for just tuna salad before and there was no problem - they worked it out for me. it's been a while since I did - but I didn't have a problem at the time. I'm in Ohio - I think they are franchised so maybe it was just the one you went to. thats just awful Tina
sammyglo
on 8/20/04 6:01 am - Hobart, IN
This was my first full week back to work so a close co-worker and i went out to luch twice. the first time was a good greek restraunt. we split a club sandwich. i had half the sandwich (i didn't eat all the bread, mostly the meat). she had the other half and the fries and soup. she paid. the bill came to under $7. it was great. the next time we went to bob evans and ordered an omlett, toast, and bacon. i ate not quite half the omlet and a quarter of a piece of toast. she ate the bacon, the rest of the omlet and the 1 1/2 pieces of toast. it is so perfect. she said we're going out to eat more often. she's a skinny thing and could not eat a whole meal anyways, so it works out for the both of us. oh, i've been to subway and had the turkey wrap with only turkey and cheese plus chapotle sauce. it settled really well. i only ate 1/2 the wrap at a time. without all the other stuff on the wrap it was not very large and was good. just incase you want to go to subway again.
DEBI
on 8/20/04 7:11 am - Indianapolis, IN
lol.....eating out is sooooooooooo cheap now. I take my 8 yr old and buy him a meal....add a side of veggies and we share. I have had mashed potatoes from KFC, green beans from everywhere and chili from Wendy's. I can eat about half of a small Wendy's chili. I remember when I used to get a large chili, 10 chicken nuggets with honey, 4-6 crackers in my chili and a large frosty..............LOL....glad those days are gone!!!!!!!!!!
Denise W.
on 8/20/04 8:34 pm - MD
Isn't it great! Now I can go to lunch with all the skinny eaters and we can get by cheap. Love saving $$$ and getting healthy at the same time!
jcordell
on 8/21/04 3:27 am - TX
I dread eating out! I used to feel like people were watching me to see what I'd eat..."oh, let's see what that fat kid can pack away"... Now, I feel they're watching what I don't eat. You must admit, it's kind of weird. "What to drink for you, sir?" Oh, waters fine, thank you. And of course the water sits, untouched, during the entire meal. (No drinking 30 minutes before or after eating). Then, "what would you like, sir?" Hmmmm....let's see. Can I get a half order of the kiddie meal? Ha ha. Then of course, when you've finished eating and the server realizes you've only taken about two bites, they start freaking out. "was everything ok?" "can I bring you something else?" The whole experience is just kind of weird! My boss was in town this week, and of course insisted on eating out for lunch and dinner both days he was here. By the time I was on my third bite, he was finished with his meal. I think he enjoyed the novelty of it all... Oh well, the weight loss makes these other abnormalities much more tolerable! Take care all, and good luck at those restaurants!!! -Jeff RNY 7/7/04 338/284/188
Lalocaweta
on 8/21/04 3:48 am - Spicewood, TX
I have hit Taco Bell several times...Their pinto and cheese Rocks. Plus I ordered one time the nachos bell grande but with no chips. They managed to understand that without any problem. (Unlike the poster who went to Subway). It lasted me for 2 meals...So, so good. Husband and I went out to Saturday brunch c ouple of weeks ago. The place we went has a buffet and I watched the people who went to it and thought of myself 6 weeks ago....I would have eaten 2 full plates without a second thought. However - that day I had the insides of a refried black bean taco and a couple of bits of husband's migas...YUMMMMMMMM....And I was full. Waiter thought I was strange - but who gives a flip??? Anne
Tara118
on 8/21/04 12:37 pm - Trenton, OH
I don't know if all doctors do this, but my surgeon gave me a card to present at resturants saying I had WLS and I should be allowed to eat off the kids menu. How cool is that!!!!
JustHat
on 8/21/04 4:23 pm - NM
Eating out means watching everyone else eat. I am still on a blender diet for 4 more weeks. But, last Tuesday I did get wild. We have four kids. So, we went to Denny's. I ordered a meal (cheaper to do that and then get two free kids meals than to pay for two kids meals) and then gave it away to the kids. I had a little bit of my son's mashed potatos. Apparently, they slipped some sugar in it because I dumped big time. I thought I was going to die until I realized what was happening. Today I lived on the wild side. We were at Costco and the boys wanted to hit up the samples. I was very picky and chewed really well or sucked out the guts on the things like bean burritos. By the end, I was full. Now that is a free meal. I know what you guys mean about the wait staff. For my son's birthday, we went to Olive Garden. I didn't want to deal with showing I was ordering for me, so I ordered for the whole table. With four kids, it is easier this way anyway. When the food was served, I was the only one without food. The poor girl went into a panic thinking she messed up. They were really nice though. I asked for some alfredo sauce so I could mash up a noodle and add extra sauce so I could eat it. She brought it with a smile even though I think she thought I was nuts when she saw what I was doing. It came right back up anyway, so I don't have to worry about the fat in the sauce. I keep forgetting about Taco Bell. Maybe next time we go out to eat, we will go there. About the WLS card, my nurtritionist is against them because she says that kids menus are filled with fatty foods we shouldn't be eating anyway. But, Denny's has a new kids menu with some healthy stuff on it. I just wish they wouldn't sneak in sugers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views