Update on my problem.....

IrishIze
on 8/20/04 2:00 am - NJ
I had a good day yesterday - was able to eat and drink pretty well. This morning is a different story. I got up feeling well. I decided to have my 4 oz of ff milk and warm it up. I took almost an hour to drink it. I also took my prescription meds with it. Well, five minutes after I finished, I felt that awful feeling in the top of my chest - the pressure and off I ran to throw up. Three times. That was at 9 AM and it's now nearly noon and I still can't get anything - not even water down. I spoke with my surgeon and he wants me to come to the ER and be admitted for a couple of days. He wants them to do a scope, some blood work and put me on an IV for a couple of days. I'm so down in the dumps, but I know something has to be done. I can't go until tomorrow. I'm a single parent and I can't just pick up and leave. My sons are older, but I have to pick up my 16 yo from the train station at 10 PM, so I'll go tomorrow and he'll meet me there. Please say a prayer for me that they find out what the problem is and can fix it easily. Hugs, Nancy
Lori S.
on 8/20/04 2:55 am - North Highlands, CA
My hopes and best wishes to you, girl! I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble. Lori
Denise W.
on 8/20/04 3:14 am - MD
Nancy, I am glad that your surgeon is being proactive about this. What you have been going through is not normal. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Denise
cindy m.
on 8/20/04 4:09 am - Trenton, MO
Hello Nancy!! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so glad that your MD is working with you to do the best for you and your family! Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing. Lots of Hugs ~Cindy~
Great_Sphinx
on 8/20/04 5:31 am - Medina, OH
(((Nancy))) I am sorry thast you are going through this, but you will be in good hands at the ER. I will keep you in my thoughts. Elisabeth
sammyglo
on 8/20/04 5:52 am - Hobart, IN
nancy, you are in my prayers. i'm glad to hear that you are going to the hospital because you need to know what exactly is going on with you, i had surgery the same day as you and could not imagine going through what you have been. be strong...they will fix you right up!! i hope you get to feeling more normal again. let us know how you are when you get home and you are up to writing. take care!!!!
C J.
on 8/20/04 6:10 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear your'e not feeling better. I was hoping after yesterday that today would also be a good day. Sounds like being in the hospital and getting worked up is a good idea. Feel better soon and kep us updated. Blessings, CJ 246/215.5/138
jcordell
on 8/21/04 3:31 am - TX
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May your issue be resolved quickly and completely, and may you return to a normal, healthy life. God bless! -Jeff
JustHat
on 8/21/04 4:06 pm - NM
Nancy, I am so sorry. I went through this last week. I didn't want to bother my surgeon on the weekend so I tried to tough it out. Now I wish I wouldn't have. Even though, when I finally did contact him, I can't say I got the best of care from his office. He never spoke to me through it all. It took them 5 hours to call me back on a Monday morning after not having food since the previous Thur. and no water since that Sat. They sent me to the ER and told me they would call ahead and tell the ER what to do with me. I waited in the ER for 6 hours just to be told that the nurse did call, but didn't tell them what to do with me. So, I was put off until the next day. Just try and remember that this won't last forever and you will get through it. I am praying for you. Please let us know how your doing. ~~Hat
Gina F
on 8/23/04 12:19 am - Belton, TX
Nancy, I'm sorry your problem is continuing, but so glad you called your surgeon and he's going to check it out. I'll be praying for you. Let us know what you find out. Hugz, Gina
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views