Learned something new at 1 month checkup

Denise W.
on 8/20/04 8:33 pm - MD
Thanks Marcy....my best friend who is 16 months postop tells me the same thing....don't obsess about the numbers! Wonder if this is a holdover from my weekly weigh****cher weigh ins? My clothes are getting big and I am able to wear things that were too tight before. Thanks again for the reminder!
GailD
on 8/20/04 9:05 am - Racine, WI
Denise, Thanks so much for sharing this formula. I've lost 14.5% of excess body weight. This makes me feel great! Even though I've been happy with the 20lbs. I've lost since surgery, I felt like it could have been more. Now I feel I'm right on track. Gail D.
melissab
on 8/20/04 9:36 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Way to go What an accomplishment! Another great way to check your weight loss, go to a gym that has a body fat scale. It will tell you your actual body weight, and the percentage of your body that is fat (Which has nothing to do with excess weight etc, it is often high in thin people who have too much fat and not enough muscle). I have been seeing that number for me drop (lost 3% of my total body fat in 3 weeks WOOHOO!). Is is another great indicator of loss, especially if you are not seeing the scale move. You may be losing fat and gaining muscle. This scale can help you learn the difference. Melissa
Tara118
on 8/21/04 12:42 pm - Trenton, OH
YEAH!! 18.4% gone!! Thanks for that bit of info!!
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 8/23/04 12:51 pm - MD
Wahoo!! 24.9% gone!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits