One month post op... finally on to soft foods! Yea!!

Marcy B.
on 8/19/04 4:29 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Hi guys- Can't believe today is my one month anniversary. It feels like I just did the surgery- and in some ways as if it was forever ago. I have lost 24lbs, which is less than what I thought I should be losing. But, I saw my doctor today and he is very pleased. He shared with me something worth thinking about. The QUALITY of the weight lost. He said whenever you get discouraged, be sure to measure yourself because you always lose slower when you are losing actual FAT pounds. I think he is right. Although I haven't seen the massive amounts of weight loss I thought I would- I am definitely seeing it in inches lost. I have no real way to measure that in comparison to others ( which I know I shouldn't do anyway)- but so far I have lost probably in excess of 20 inches. I am noticing little things like outfits I used to wear but could no longer fit into are making their way back into my wardrobe. ( And at a much faster pace that I thought would be possible). I am moving better- and I can feel the difference. Oh, yeah, I forgot this post was supposed to be about the fact that I have finally been given soft food to eat. I was so excited when I was given the go ahead to eat my husbands yummy low fat chili- made with ground turkey. I had 1/2 c of it today and was in heaven. I know we are eating much smaller portions, which is fine with me. What amazes me is now that I have slowed down to actually taste the food I am eating, I am enjoying everything more. And its funny I notice how fast everyone else eats now. I am so excited about this whole process. and I love being able to share this with all of my friends on this message board. You have been a godsend.
DEBI
on 8/19/04 11:19 pm - Indianapolis, IN
That's funny abou****ching others eat now...I see someone with a HUGE sandwich and I almost gag at the thought of trying to get it in my mouth. And I used to eat them without any problem at all....lol. Just think....we will be one of those people who order the smallest sandwich available at the resturant and STILL have to cut it in half :laugh:
Micmomof3
on 8/19/04 11:57 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Marcy, Congrats on your weight loss! I am one day behind you and have been on reg. soft food since 2wks pos-op. I know you are happy to finally be able to eat something! I know I was! Congrats again, keep up the great work! MICHELLE.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views