Getting Weaker and Weaker....

C J.
on 8/19/04 8:08 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Nancy, Glad you are feeling a little better. Have you tried carnation Instant Breakfast..no sugar added? It seems to sit pretty well with a lot of people. Also, HMR 70 is fantastic. It tastes good, nt like a protein drink. One thing that I have noticed is I can't drink plain water. It makes my stomach hurt. Propel is realy good about going down easy. CJ 246/217/138
Irene S.
on 8/19/04 8:20 am - NJ
Nancy, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Hang in there, it will get better. I was wondering how things are doing back end. I know that I felt a lot of abdominal pressure which also affected my bp. My pcp told me to contact my surgeon about sleepy bowels. If you're backed up it can also cause the nausea and vomiting, I think. Don't worry about being a pest to your surgeon. They expect their patients to inform them if you're having trouble. Hang in there! BTW: I think you need a surgeon's release to return to work, right? Just take care of you and getting yourself better, and take the time you need to do that.
sammyglo
on 8/19/04 4:21 pm - Hobart, IN
Nancy, I hope you start to feel better soon...hang in there and remember that we are all here for you!!!!
Lalocaweta
on 8/20/04 12:50 am - Spicewood, TX
Nancy: I had surgery on the 14th - and have experienced some of what you are talking about. My blood pressure was low and I had low blood sugar due to my inability to eat. (Inability is not really the right word - I could eat - it just came straight back up.) I was able to drink though...so slightly different. Anyway - I was at the point of I was just going to stop eating as I was so tired of throwing up. I finally went back to measuring very carefully my food and eating very,very slowly. It has helped alot. I got sick yesterday at lunch time...but that was the first time in 2 days...So - that was exciting. (NOT exciting to - but exciting to have gone 2 days without doing it.) Hang in there and my thoughts/prayers are with you. Anne
MarinaS
on 8/24/04 11:02 am - Small Town, WA
Nancy, We had surgery the same day. I ended up with terrible pain and was in the hospital last week with an intestinal stricture. I too am very weak. Must nap 2.5 hours a day, cannot stand for very long, must sit down to do anything, and nothing tastes good nor does drink. It is a challenge to keep living. I am back to just protein drinks (YUK) and getting in as much liquid as I can. I go to see my surgeon tomorrow again. I am beginning to think that it will be this way for the first three months for some of us. Hope we make it that far. This is the first I have been on the internet in three weeks and am getting off now. Everything makes me so tired.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views