Getting Weaker and Weaker....

IrishIze
on 8/18/04 11:17 pm - NJ
I am at the point where I am wondering if I made a terrible mistake having this surgery. I am so tired of being sick and not being able to keep anything down and if it stays down, I feel like I have a bowling ball in my stomach. Yesterday was awful - I couldn't eat or drink - not even tea. I only got in 16 oz. of fluids and 234 calories. I threw up 3 times and I don't know why - my pouch just couldn't handle anything. I can't go on like this - when I get up I get so dizzy. I'm not hungry at all but I know I have to eat something. The thought of any food makes me want to throw up. I broke down in tears last night. I'm supposed to go back to work in a week and I don't know how I'm going to do it. I don't have the energy to do anything anymore. I felt better the week after my surgery than I do now. I spoke to my surgeon yesterday and he said that since I had an appointment to see my PCP today, to see what she says. I'm going to have her test me for a UTI because of abdominal pressure and discharge (which seems better today). The surgeon said if I need an anti-nausea med he will prescribe. I am already taking Protinex (acid reducer) every day. I think the protein powder drinks are making me ill, so I am not drinking those today. I am going to get the GNC Liquid protein - (3 tablespoons of this liquid and it's 18g protein) and see if that's any better. I've lost 33 lbs, but to be perfectly honest, if this is the way I am going to feel I'd rather gain 33 lbs. I just don't know what to do - guess I'm just venting..... Nancy
DEBI
on 8/19/04 12:31 am - Indianapolis, IN
Awwwwwwwwwwwww...hugs to ya. How far out are you? You will feel better once they find out what is wrong with ya...keep your chin up and remember why you made this decision....You just have something else wrong......hope they figure it out for you today. Hugs to ya
Sunny
on 8/19/04 12:34 am - Sunny, FL
Hi Nancy, I feel a little quesy in the mornings also so what I have done is to drink a warm cup of tea and let it settle my tummy and after a little while i am able to start drinking water and then eating it really has been a life saver for me...I hope you are feeling better soon....... Cecilia Lap RNY 7/28/04 - 24 lbs
Dj _.
on 8/19/04 1:11 am - Eden Prairie, MN
It sounds like Oscar the Grouch is living in your pouch!! You poor thing. I hope the doctors can find a solution for you. I have that bowling ball feeling often, but my conditions are mild compared to yours. Feel better soon wishes coming your way. Deb
JulesC
on 8/19/04 3:07 am - Spring Hill, TN
I am so very sorry that you are not doing well. I can't imagine how frustrating it is not to be able to drink and eat. Weight loss is good, but not the way it is happening for you. You will be in my thoughts. Jules
TweedyBird
on 8/19/04 4:04 am - Somewhere, AR
Nancy I am so sorry you are having so many problems. Have you been checked for a stricture? I hope things get better, you will be in my prayers, Tweedy
IrishIze
on 8/19/04 4:30 am - NJ
I saw my PCP today and she is taking me off one of my meds - my BP was low. She also ordered tests to check my iron, potassium, calcium levels, etc. She said it's not uncommon to have some nausea, but to see what my surgeon wants to do. Of course today I'm having a little better day. I've been able to get in 1/4 of a protein bar and now I'm eating 3T of cottage cheese. I've only gotten in about 8 ounces of fluids though. The surgeon was in surgery all day. He left me a message while I was at the doctor's office and said to call him if I need to. I think I'll wait until tomorrow as long as I'm able to eat at the moment. I stopped at GNC and got some of the Liquid Protein. I'll try a bit of that after my cottage cheese and see how it goes. Thanks for all of your concern..... Nancy
Gina F
on 8/19/04 6:16 am - Belton, TX
Please call your surgeon! I really think you should be doing better by now. Strictures can happen 4 weeks out. It would be best to call... Hugz, Gina
IrishIze
on 8/19/04 6:39 am - NJ
I spoke with the surgeon. I told him I was doing a little better today. He said he'll call me in the AM and if I am not feeling better or having a bad day, he'll prescribe the anti-nausea meds. If after 4-5 days that doesn't help, he'll have me go in for a stricture test. I feel very comfortable with that. He really reassured me that I should NEVER hesitate to call. He said that he doesn't do surgery and then shoo people out the door. He considers each patient a part of his team and is never, ever bothered by anyone calling. I have a lot of respect for him. I guess I am just one of those people who feel that I am a bother..... Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that things have taken a turn for the better.
Gina F
on 8/19/04 6:48 am - Belton, TX
I'll definitely be praying for some relief. Remember that you are the customer with your doc. You (and/or your insurance) paid him big bucks not just to do the surgery but to be there for any type of complications afterward. It's his job, so please don't feel badly about calling whenever you need or want to. Hugz, Gina
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views