Hi my name is Phyllis Cas...

Phyllis C.
on 8/18/04 10:01 am - Fort Benning, GA
Hi my name is Phyllis Case. I had my surgery July 22nd. I've lost 36 pounds. The last week and half I've been worried may-be I'm eating to much. Because i have not lost nothing. I'm only eating what the Dr. says.I've really been craving chocolate. I found a sugar free fudge bar. I have been eating. I've never been a chocolate eater before. I've been really down on my self the last two days. It seems like some thing is going on with me, but i can't put my finger on what's wrong. Any one got any advice.
cindy m.
on 8/18/04 10:16 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Phyllis!! You are doing great, -36 lbs since July 22nd!! I have lost 31 lbs since July 13th. I only weigh myself at my Dr appointments so I dont see when I don't lose weight for a while. the last time I got weighed was August 12th and the next time will be September 8th. I have almost bought a scale a couple of times but i managed to walk away without. Don't be down on yourself you are doing so good!! Your body is probably adjusting to all of this. Give it some time the scale will be moving soon!! Lots of hugs ~Cindy~ -31 lbs
C J.
on 8/18/04 4:13 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Give ourself a break! You are doing great. Take a deep breathe, relax. You will continue losing. Your just having a reaction to all the stresses surrounding surgey. Get some extra rest, pamper yourself a little. You will be fine. CJ 246/217.5/138
DEBI
on 8/19/04 12:54 am - Indianapolis, IN
Woohoooooooooooo....36 poundssssssssss...way to go. I had my surgery July 28th and I am down 22 pounds....so you are doing great!!!!!!! They say you should loose 10% of your total weight the first month.....that means I should loose 29 pounds by August 28th. So take 10% of your start weight and see how you did this first month....some people go over, some under...but it's fairly accurate. Keep on loosinggggggggggggg...ya doing greatttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JulesC
on 8/19/04 3:15 am - Spring Hill, TN
Wowsers!!! 36 lbs is great!!! Don't get down on yourself - you are doing a wonderful job. Just keep doing the right things and the lbs will be melting away even more. Jules
threegetts
on 8/19/04 4:02 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Hi Phyllis, You're doing great! I hit a plateau at 2 weeks out and didn't lose anything for a week. Then, I lost 4 lbs in one day. Don't get discouraged, just keep doing what the doctor said and you'll be o.k. I'm sure it's only temporary!!! Hang in there! Cindy
Micmomof3
on 8/19/04 11:52 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Hi Phyllis, Go ahead and pat yourself on the back! I think your doing a great job, a 36lb loss is wonderful! You have to rememeber everyone loses differently and don't compare yourself to anyone else. As long as you are following the surgeons orders and you feel confident you are doing what is necessary to succeed...........Don't be hard on yourself! Everyday is a new day and everyday you are accomplishing something you may not have thought possible before surgery! MICHELLE
Great_Sphinx
on 8/20/04 1:13 am - Medina, OH
He Phyllis 36 lbs is wonderful Do not worry about not loosing weight. I'd bet that you are having something hormonal going on *coughyourperiodcough*. About two weeks ago, I had the exact same concern. I lost no weight over 10 days. I was pretty irritated, but eventually, I started loosing again and over the last two weeks, I have lost 14 lbs!! I am willing to bet that you are loosing weight, but you are gaining some water weight too, so it is equaling out. You are doing a good job and don't forget it (((HUGS))) Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views