What is your current challenge

Lalocaweta
on 8/18/04 11:06 am - Spicewood, TX
Have a couple of challenges going on - but think I need to solve one of the them before I work on the other. The first - and the one I want to solve first - is being able to eat without throwing up. I am on my second day of accomplishing this goal!!! I have gone back to measuring my food (NO more visual) and trying to eat slower. I think the measuring is really helping. I actually felt hunger today -which is a first. I am down to 225 from 260 - so have lost 35 pounds in 5 weeks....But as my husband says - the past week up until 2 days ago - I was keeping virtually nothing down. My second challenge - and one I am going to start on - as soon as I get a good week under my belt of no intense nausea - is exercising. While I am back to work full time and walk a lot there (I am a high school counselor so walk the halls fairly often) - I am scared to do much exercising as I was having low bloood sugar moments and dizzness moments. (From lack of food) I have never been a big exercise person - so this is going to be a struggle... Anne
TweedyBird
on 8/20/04 9:14 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Anne, I hope your food is still staying down! And congrats on the 35 pound loss, that is great!!! Exercise still is a challenge for me, I am doing it.....but it is not like the highlight of my day!!!! Go luck! Tweedy
alli E.
on 8/18/04 2:16 pm - CA
Hey there! I am 5 weeks PO today too! SAME DATE! Well-- challenge for me is the WATER THING!!! I wake up and DRINK DRINK and then wait wait to eat breakfast! Then I eat and want to DRINK and cant! I do take a tiny little sip from here and there to just wet my throat BUT IT IS A HUGE HARD HABIT! I also have found some great things to eat that I will share cause I did get sick of things after awhile... I like to get deli meats like salami, pastrami, ect. and then slice some red onion, pickles, and string cheese and I roll the items in the meat and it is SOOO YUMMY! I also have been eating BEEF TENDERLOIN --- it is low in fat, high in protein, and is sooo TENDER! It is sooo good-- on the BBQ with A1 SAUCE! I also have chicken breast that is marinated in "POLLO ASADA" spices! YUM! Or I make meatballs with spagetti sauce and some noodles (yolk free wheat) WELL-- i also have light ice cream cookies and cream and it tastes soooo REAL! U have to try it! DRYERS ICE CREAM! I am soooooooo wanting to get out of this plateau of no loss weight!!! LOL Oh and another thing that is hard was CRAVINGS OR HEAD HUNGER! AHHH!
DEBI
on 8/19/04 12:22 am - Indianapolis, IN
Can't wait to add meat in 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! But the program I am under says no red meat until after the first year....so it's just going to be chicken, pork and turkey...but flavorrrrr...yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another good treat is the Klondike no sugar, no fat ice cream sandwiches.....have not had them yet but I will add them as an occassional treat when I am advanced to more intake. Of course....one Klondike bar will probably make 3 snacks at this point in time...I am only 3 weeks out...LOL.
TweedyBird
on 8/20/04 9:19 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Alice, Yep, we are in the same boat in regards to drinking. I hope this drinking thing gets easier too! Oh your food ideas sound great. I went to Sam's today, to pick up some meat. I will have to tell you how it goes! Tweedy
DEBI
on 8/19/04 3:18 am - Indianapolis, IN
Have to say that not drinking while eating is the hardest thing to do...I do take small swallows to help the food go down...not real drinks...but small amounts to moisten the food. Otherwise it feels like it gets all hung up in my chest. I know we are not supposed to do this but it's that or throw up....so one evil verses another I guess. But otherwise at 3 weeks out...I am still trying to figure it all out and still seeing how my body has changed. Has been an adventure.
TweedyBird
on 8/20/04 9:23 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Deborah, You are right, this is an adventure! Good luck on yours! Tweedy
Atima M.
on 8/19/04 6:20 am - St. Paul, MN
Hi Tweedy! It looks as though we share a lot of the same challanges! The hardest thing for me right now is getting in all my liquids! I can barley get in 40oz. I am eating just fine although it is very little, sometimes it scares me. I still haven't been able to make myself eat breakfast! Im just not hungry in the morning? I will start going to the gym on Monday and I am very excited. I tried it once since the surgery and it didnt go so well, but i cant wait to try it again. Could you give me a run down of your Vitamins? I just feel that I am not taking enough but thats all the doc told me to take. Which is Chewable multivitamin and a ViactiV (i think thats how u spell it). Atima 7/19/04 308/278
C J.
on 8/19/04 8:14 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Atima...My doc says you hve eat something within 2 hours of getting up (or else!!!) I've noticed I feel better if I do. As for vitamins...Ughhh, but heres what he has me on: Calcium Citrate 1600mg Multivitamin 2 a day Fetrinsic - a B12 and I ron combo avail by prescription I'm also taking Vitamin C 1000 mg ( supposed to help with healing and seasonal allergies) And Biotin 1500mg for hair and nails. I can tell you the Biotin works, my hair is growing faster then ever and my nails have never been this strong and long in my entire life. I've been on the Biotin about 2 months and noticed a difference in 2 weeks. Good luck with the fluids, Have you tried Propel? Makes a world of difference for me, as plain water hurts my stomach. CJ 246/217/138
TweedyBird
on 8/20/04 9:32 am - Somewhere, AR
Hey Atima, I am sure I am probably taking more than others, but here goes 1 Biotin (5,000 mcg) Vista Vitamins (I take 5 chewables, which is the prescribed serving) 1 B-12 (sublingual) 2 Actigul ( for the prevention of gallstones/prescribed by doctor for 6 mos.) 2 Calcium Citrates (take at night for best abortion and not with anything else...anything containing iron decreases the absorbtion rate). Oh and your calcium should be citrate not carbonate. And that is it! What are you taking?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views