SICK OF THIS-HELP!

houstondoll
on 8/17/04 11:15 am - Houston, TX
OK. I am complaining. So, If YOU do not wish to listen to me rant ..... ....... I am not losing weight! I am trying fitday.com to record what I eat, but then I get tired of customizing the food to match the labels.... I have wasted so much money on protein drinks that either make me well, not literaly...but they taste sooo bad--and I have kids to take care of..... WHAT DO I DO..... I have been at 274 for 2 weeks and now 268 for two weeks.... AM I going to hit a plateau every time I lose 3 or 4 pounds??? UUUGGHHHH!!! OK. I know.... shud'up already and just be glad with the lost you've made...but I can't help but think I'll never reach my goals like this.... Its so disappointing at times... makes you want to sometimes...... Ok I have vented... thanks for listening....and oh yeah... WHEN will I get to eat ... I am so tired of the stuck feeling when I eat meat I don't know what to do......
Irene S.
on 8/17/04 11:46 am - NJ
Vent away! As for the weight loss, you may be plateauing because you're not eating enough protein. I'm three weeks today and I find that meats MUST be very moist and tender, with some kind of a sauce on it. When I chew it I don't swallow any of the juice or sauce until I'm ready to swallow the meat. This ensures that what I'm swallowing will be moist. Don't worry, the weight will come off! irene
Shelly H C.
on 8/17/04 12:23 pm - New Castle, DE
Hi Doll Jackson, I had surgery on July 1 and I am having the same problem. You have lost more than me, but at my one month I had only lost 17.8 lbs. It makes me feel better to round off to 18lbs. Since then I have only lost 6 more lbs. Although my weight is not comig off quickly, I truly see it in my clothes. I am already down a size . It is frustrating to think you had your insides re-routed to lose minimal amounts of weight, however it is still far more than we would have lost on our own in this short period of time. I came home from the hospital eating solid foods and almost everything agrees with me. I have to weigh my food because I don't get a true full feeling. I hope your journey gets better for you. Just wanted to let you know there is someone who feels your pain. ~Shelly
Cathy C.
on 8/17/04 12:53 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi Doll, Rant away gal. Since every surgeon and staff seems to have their own guidelines all I can do is tell you what they told me because it makes so much sense. I am required to eat a minimum of 60 gr of Protein every day. This is to prevent my body from thinking I am starving and shutting down my metabolism into that dreaded state called famine mode. When this happens you can literally survive on a few hundred calories because the master switch in your brain has told your body that it will help you survive by becoming super effecient. This is all well and good unless we are actually trying to lose weight. So, that's the deal. Eat that protein so your metabolism will continue to function as if you were eating anything and everything. That's the way you'll burn that fat. Good luck. Cathy RNY 7/26/04
C J.
on 8/17/04 2:21 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hey Doll, Sorry your having such a rough time. It's the pits when you expected so much more so much faster. I haven't hit a plateau yet but I have a feeling I will be here ranting when I do. If your up to trying another protein...HMR 70 is good, and some of the ones you've got may be okay with Carnation Instant Breakfast. I tried a new protein that had a real vitamen smell/taste to it but its okay with the no sugar added CIB. No sympathy here about the meat.....My doc still has me on protein shakes....I think I've forgotton what meat tastes like. lol Hang in there..it will get better...remember every pound lost is gone forever... CJ
Dawn H.
on 8/18/04 12:25 am - Jersey CIty, NJ
Hi Doll Hang in there.. the weight loss is comming! but you do need to make sure you are getting in enough protien.. I like the Hood carb countdown smoothies.. 13 grms of protien and taste like a strawberry shake! I eat them for breakfast and try to get in som e meat the other 2 meals snack on cheeze and crackers.. chicken cooked in tomatoe sause then put in the blender to chop up. also yesterday had a meatball in gravey! YUM. good luck and keep the faith. Dawn
JulesC
on 8/18/04 2:53 am - Spring Hill, TN
Sorry things are moving slowly for you. But stick with the program, and you know you will lose. It is so very hard when the scales are not moving, but you are doing the right thing by coming here to talk about it. Good luck as you move forward and progress downwards!!! Jules
Tina I.
on 8/18/04 9:34 am - Minot AFB, ND
Hey doll. We have the same surgery date and I am having problems with some meats too. I went to the doc today (I have to go every two weeks because of an infection healing) and he really helped me with foods. He told me eggs, cheeses, shrimp, crab (all of which I have found very good for me to eat). Last night I made meatballs and soaked them in spaghetti sauce in the crock pot and for both lunch and dinner today I had 3 of them cut up with provolone cheese melted on top and he said that was great. I am only walking like every other day but I am trying to get my strength up from the set back. I know it is hard. I have not lost anything in two weeks and find myself getting antsy but I have lost quite a bit so far so I will not complain. I still drink one protein shake a day and I buy it from bariatriceating.com. It is the fuzzy navel one. I like that one the best. It takes like a fruit drink. I have tried all the nectar ones and that and the meonade are my favs. Good luck to you and if you wanna email me, feel free to. Don't give up, it has to come off somehow!! Tina
houstondoll
on 8/20/04 9:47 am - Houston, TX
OH MY GOSH!!!! Thank you thank you thanks..... I didn't know that my body could go into famine mode and cause me to just stop losing weight.... FUNNY how the body works (it aches with all this weight and then wants to hold on to it..... UUGHHH)...... I will def. up my protein! A little as to why my dr. doesn't know squat.... OK.... I don't mean that in a bad way...MAYBE he just couldn't express it in a way I needed to hear it..(yeah right).........I will keep you abreast... WHEN I LOSE 50 I WILL POST it like I am screaming it to the world!!!!! THANK YOU ALL 4 ur support.... I mean it.... I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have somewhere to go to get help and advice and HUMOR when I needed it
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views