6 weeks out

Monna W.
on 8/17/04 2:39 am - Susanville, CA
Well, it has been 6 weeks today (I lost count, I guess with all my challenges of the GI bleed and the infection and for some reason thought it was 7 weeks) and I have lost 56 lbs. I can't believe how fast the weight is coming off. I started exercising (Gazelle) on Sunday--first day I felt up to it. I do 7 minutes at a time and try for twice a day. It is not much, but at least I am moving. I am still on pureed foods and go to soft foods on Sunday. I want something crunchy so bad. Well, actually I cheated and had some chips the other day and some potato salad. I chewed everything to mush, but I still got sick. Don't know if it was too much with my other food or the wrong things. Anyway, I spent a miserable Sunday night. I never vomited, but I had the most horrible discomfort and belched (definitely not burps) all night. I just did yogurt smoothies and my protein drink yesterday and concentrated on getting all my water in. Feel much better today. Go to Chico Monday to see the dietician and Dr. Cooper. Nice to see the progress of the July family. Monna
siennagodiva
on 8/17/04 3:22 am - BALTIMORE, MD
Way to go on your weightloss! I am very happy for you. Keep it up!
C J.
on 8/17/04 5:53 am - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Monna, So glad to hear you are finally feeling better! You have a hard recovery but it sonds like things are finally going well. Sorry (sorta) to hear you got sick on the chips but that might have been a good thing. I'm sure you wont be eating chips for a long time! At Trader Joe's they have veggie chips and other healthy crunchies that don't have all the fat. Experment a little and I bet you can find something that will satisfy the crunchies with out the fat. Have a great day. CJ 246/219/138
Monna W.
on 8/18/04 2:19 am - Susanville, CA
CJ, Thanks for your good thoughts. Right, I won't be doing potato chips or Cheetos for quite a while. I do love Soy Crisps, they have only 2 gm fat per serving and 7 gms protein, so I'll have to keep them on hand for when I get a craving for salty crunch. None were in the house Sunday, and I had no vehicle to go get any. Well, I learned my lesson and paid a price for it. I am just so happy to be feeling well and like doing things again. Even cleaned the bathroom the other day and going tackle the kitchen today. Monna
DEBI
on 8/17/04 6:38 am - Indianapolis, IN
We all must find our way huh? I had surgery on July 28th and I was so head hungry for salt..actually just something warm with flavor....so 5 days after surgery.....I made a Healthy Choice Chicken Fetticini.....thought I was gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee.....Chicken does not pass through a healing stoma. I called the nurse and she said she was glad I found out early on why I had to stay on the diet...but she didn't yell at me or make me feel stupid...she also had the surgery and has lost 190 pounds....so she knew where i was coming from...and it's easy for some people to sit on their side of the fence and say how stupid we are for not following the doctors orders to the T.....but ya know...we are human and I laughed about my mistake as did my nurse...she laughed when she told the doctor at my 2 week check-up. H ealso laughed and said he hoped I learned my lesson....I had. But anyhow.....way to go with the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!I can't wait to be at my first 50 pound milestone!!! Here's to your next 50 pounds
threegetts
on 8/17/04 7:46 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Congrats Monna! That is fantastic!!! Cindy
TweedyBird
on 8/18/04 12:12 am - Somewhere, AR
Congrats! This is excellent And exercise is exercise...way to go!
JulesC
on 8/18/04 3:07 am - Spring Hill, TN
Hey Monna - Congratulations on your weight loss!! I am so very proud of you!! Keep up the great work!! Jules
Duffers M.
on 8/18/04 5:11 pm - South Colby, WA
Monna, WTG on the loss. We had surgery the same day. I had open RNY and was only down 25.2lbs at 5 weeks, haven't been on the scale this week. I have a gazelle but it is hiding under my daughters bed and I have been begging my husband to get it out for me. I too have had very very little energy. Not sleeping well at night, then staying in bed til 1pm. I get about a 2 hr burst of energy around 4pm. This part is killing me. I want my energy back. Congrats again on the mucho weight loss. Tanis
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views