is there anything I need to know before my pre op visit(lap band)

Louise C.
on 8/16/04 8:27 am - burleson, TX
My pre op is Thursday at 2pm. I am so scared Dr. Powell will tell me I cant have surgery for one reason or another. Also I am afraid I wont be able to have it for months...I want to look hot by Christmas.
Sarah M S.
on 8/16/04 8:46 am - Bay Shore, NY
I totally know how you feel. A week or so before my pre-op both of my kids got coxsackie virus. I was freaking out. I washed sheets everyday etc. I was so afraid it would turn up on some test that I was exposed. But do not worry I'm sure it will work out. Sarah PS Just give yourself lots of time for preop testing. I was there for 4 hours.
gilda M.
on 8/16/04 11:18 am - San francisco, CA
What ever the desicion is hang in there don't stress I srtongly believe that most of times things happen for a reason. I had the same feeling and I was right, I almost did not had the surgery some labs came back bad and they had to re -take a couple of lab test all this happen the same week of the surgery I was supposed to have surgery on thursday and Monday they called me to re-test they told me that my cortison level was low and some other hormones levels were not righ not only I came out of pocket to paid $165 for this specill test, I knew that it would take a while to get the results so I had the lab tech called and my doctor rush my results, I was crying and so depressed just to think that I was this closed to loose my date for the surgery at the end everything was ok. I finished all my test and everything came back ok and I had my surgery. SO be strong and remembet everything happens for a reason. Gilda
Louise C.
on 8/16/04 12:15 pm - burleson, TX
Gilda, You put my mind at ease. I had my blood work 3 weeks ago and I have'nt heard anything bad about it thanks again. Louise
DEBI
on 8/16/04 11:59 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Relax......it takes time and before ya know it the day is here. I had my surgery 7/28/04 and I will have a hot Christmas this year....with more than half the weight gone that I am trying to loose...hopefully!!!!!!!!!! It started in Feb for me....and I could have had it done as soon as April...but I had to put it off because of work. But I am soooooooo happy I made the choice!!!!!!!!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views