I'm Concerned..

vhall99
on 8/15/04 11:56 pm - Conyers, GA
That maybe my pouch can handle more than it should and that I may not loose any more weight. I could just be a mental thing. I have started to eat about 4 small meals a day. They dont consist of alot, but the fact that I really dont feel stuffed or full concerns me and that maybe I can eat more than I should. Yesterday my family went out to dinner and I had the following: About 3 Tbs of Mac and cheese about 3 Tbs of nacho ground beef with melted cheese 2spoonfuls of cole slaw That just seems like alot to me and I did not feel full or uncomfortable, but I stopped eating anymore because mentally I thought it was too much. Can anyone give me insight as to what they ate at about 5 to 6 weeks post opt? Help!
Micmomof3
on 8/16/04 12:43 am - Jacksonville, fl
Valerie, I don't know if you are eating to much or not. I also don't truely ever eat until I am full. I don't know if it's because I am scared to eat till I am full or something else. I would suggest use your own judgement as to how much you will eat. I am sure someone out there has better advice for someone 5 to 6 wks post-op. Good Luck with everything! MICHELLE
MinnieMia
on 8/16/04 12:43 am - SC
Hey Miss Valerie...I had surgery about a week after you and here's what I take in most of the time: 1/4-1/3 of a soy burger patty with cheese, dill relish and ketchup 4 oz (1/2 C) cottage cheese and 2-5 saltines 1/2 protein bar 1/4 C refried beans, 1/4 C veggie (soy) burger crumble with 1T salsa 1 egg & 1 oz cheese My program is very specific to limit our intake to no more than 4 oz at any meal and we're supposed to eat 5 a day...and I may get in 3 if I'm lucky. I may not feel full at a meal but I generally feel "done". I have no idea what that means but it's what my brain says. "I'm done". Weird. Never thought that before when I was eating. If it wasn't coming back up there was still room for more! If I remember my cooking knowledge correctly, 6Tbs is 1/2 C (which is 4 oz) so I don't think you went nuts... Best wishes! Minnie
vhall99
on 8/16/04 12:51 am - Conyers, GA
Thanks Minnie Mia...that helps me alot with looking at your intake.!!! Valerie
Marcy B.
on 8/17/04 6:41 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I was eating 7 or 8 times per day, but smaller meals at first while I was on liquids only. Now on pureed foods if I do more than about 1/4 cup of anything -it seems to upset my stomacha5 nd I am eating 5 or6 times per day. Depending on what it is I can eat maybe 1/2 c which is equal to 4 oz. I still don't have a real feeling of fullness most of the time- so its hard to know when I have had too much. I have puked once, and been nauseated a few times so I am trying to get a better handle on how much to eat myself. I don't know if it is true or not, but I understand as time goes on, and we heal more from the surgery then we will be able to feel more of a sense of fullness in the pouch. In the meantime I guess it is kind of hit or miss. I am still on pureed foods but I see the nutritionist on Thursday and hopefully she will let me go on to soft foods and some stuff with a little more substance.
Duffers M.
on 8/18/04 5:50 pm - South Colby, WA
Hi I had my surgery the day b4 you. I have had that full feeling a few times and I have also had that yuck get this food away from me feeling. The full feeling is not like it used to be where I was uncomfy and felt like I couldn't move. Now it is different. I eat my meals slowly so to notice the feeling. there are actually 8 Tablespoons in a half cup. So you were right on the mark with your food. Obviously we all know this is a tool. Most of us also know how hard it is to stay on a diet all the time. SO if you do fall off the wagon for a day, a family celebration it's okay. I have been told 6 1/2c meals per day 3 of those can be protein shakes, the others need to be protein rich. My big thing is today I felt like I was snacking all day long. I have been in a weird state of mind. I really want to get out and get active but we have 1 car DH has it all day at work. Our neighbourhood is not set up for walking. so I feel like sitting in bed all day, becuase the housework I want to do is way to challenging still. Your doing great with your diet. I have found some protein shakes I like otherwise I would die. Huggs, Tanis 272/247/?
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views