Lost 36lbs and have not lost anymore

jenniferwheeler
on 8/15/04 5:33 am - PA
Hi everyone, I had my surgery on 7/7/04 and only lost 36lbs...I have not lost even a single pound in like two weeks. I know everyone looses weight at their own pace but I am so upset that I'm not going to lose any more weight. Someone please help me. Jen
DramaQueenJessica
on 8/15/04 7:20 am - Wayland, MA
Usually around week 3 most people go on a little plateau. Dont worry. You will continue to lose weight as long as you follow your surgeons guidelines. Besides, when was the last time you lost 36lbs in a little over a month??? When was the last time you knew that most likely youd never have those 36lbs re-visit? Good luck and congrats on your 36lbs. -Jessica
IrishIze
on 8/15/04 8:09 am - NJ
Jen, have you started exercising yet? Many times that will trigger your body to start losing again. Also, are you getting in enough protein? Don't worry, as frustrating as it is, you'll lose much, much more!! Hugs, Nancy
Kimberly K.
on 8/15/04 12:31 pm - mckeesport, pa
Jennifer: I know what you are feeling. I am almost 5 weeks post op and have lost a total of 25 lbs. And I only lost two of that over the last two weeks. I haven't started exercising yet due to dr.'s orders. However, I am going to back to work tomorrow and I will begin walking more. I am slo hoping that this increases my energy level. Good luck and remember that with as little as we are taking in, it has to come off sooner or later!
vhall99
on 8/15/04 11:40 pm - Conyers, GA
I had my surgery on the same date as you! I have only lost 34 pounds. But I am considered a "Lightweight" in terms of the surgery. I started off at 274. I think we just need to give it time. From what I have read from others on the message boards and in conjunction with the calculator on the AMOS website for weight loss, this is still on target. Don****ch the scales, just do what you are suppose to do and you will see the weight come off. I do know that although I have only lost 34lbs. I hve lost ALOT of inches! Valerie
threegetts
on 8/16/04 7:03 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Hi Jen! I had my surgery on 7/13 and hit a plateau at 19 pounds my second week out. I stayed there for 10 days and then starting losing again. Now I'm at 31 pounds lost and going. I guess we all do this as our bodies dictate. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. I read a lot about plateau's and it's normal for everyone to have them. Keep doing what the doctor said and you'll get there! Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views