Need Help and Advice!

Dawn is D.
on 8/15/04 3:20 am - Dayton, NJ
Hi my fellow WLS Friends! I am having a very hard time going to the bathroom and I'm getting somewhat concerned. I have not had a BM since last Tuesday and today I really do not feel well and I am pretty sure it is from that. Any advice? Thanks- Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/04 3:25 am - Warner Robins, GA
I used MOM until I started on FLax Seed. It really works to help keep you regular. Tonya
Melanie G.
on 8/15/04 3:32 am - Chester, VA
I used a Dulcolax suppository the other day and it worked great. It's an occasional solution. I read some recommendations that work for others: flax seed, oatmeal, apple sauce, Colace (stool softener--must be taken regularly to get maximum effect), baked potatoes with the skin.
IrishIze
on 8/15/04 5:31 am - NJ
Someone on the main board suggested Benefiber. I think you can mix it in with a drink or food and there is no taste. Hugs, Nancy
Marcy B.
on 8/15/04 7:29 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
I have used Benefiber it is something you can add to your liquids- it blends well so you don't see or taste it...and after a while it does work. They tell us that you don't have to go every day- but after 3 or 4 days you should probably call your doctor to see what he suggests. Sometimes they might suggest a glycerin suppository- or milk of magnesia. Good luck- I know that feeling is really not very comfortable. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Shannon R.
on 8/16/04 12:53 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Dawn, I was having *MAJOR* constipation issues and I started out by using MOM. Although it worked okay, it tasted horrible and made me vomit a few times. So, at the suggestion of a friend, I purchased some Smooth Move (yep, that's what it's called) tea from the grocery store. Oh my goodness, what a Godsend! It tastes good with some Splenda in it and when I have a cup at night, I have relief in the morning. It's worked really well for me. Best regards, Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views