I feel sick and scared......

Michelle C.
on 8/15/04 5:50 am - Fountain, CO
Hi Nancy, I had my surgery on 7/22/04 and I am also on actigall. For me, the easiest way to get it down (I'm not allowed to swallow any pills till one month out) has been to have a drink waiting, then open up the capsule and pour the contents directly onto the back of my tongue -- past most of the taste buds -- then pour some drink in my mouth and then swallow quickly. Michelle
Marcy B.
on 8/15/04 6:46 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I am feeling the same way you are, with lots of pain up under my ribcage and the feeling as if gas is travelling around. I am not nauseous- but I sure can't eat or drink anything. Its so weird cuz I have been able to eat and drink everything liquid and pureed without a problem. Though today I broke up some tylenol extra strength pills and took them. I thought I was okay but the pain and gas started about 3 hours after I took them. Not sure what to think. But last night I was wondering if this pouch actually worked, since I was doing so well. Now the pouch is letting me know it is here. I'll have to admit, I have had better times. I just took some GAS X so hopefully that will make me feel a little more comfortable. Also found some Children's Chewable Tylenol that doesn't have sugar in it..so maybe that will be a better choice. Oh well...at least I look thinner. Good luck to everyone else out there, with any luck it will just be our pouch being a grouch....!
Marcy B.
on 8/15/04 7:49 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
I would still call the surgeon if this is continuing for you. But after taking some arthritis strength tylenol ( I broke it up into little peices) my stomach started reacting too. This discomfort lasted most of the day- and into the night. I also vomited white frothy stuff ( gross)- and felt and still do feel pretty miserable. I guess the pouch definitely reacts to whatever we put into it- especially medication. Next time I will suffer with pain rather than try the Tylenol. Hopefully we will have both just had a temporary bad time, and be able to put this behind us. But even if it is a stricture the Dr's can fix it. Hang in there.
PRECIOUS I.
on 8/15/04 10:37 pm - PITTSBURGH, PA
are you going to the bathroom normal?? you may need to get something to clean you out. I felt like that last week and drank some tea that a friend had, it's a laxitive and I'm telling you it reaaly work and I started feeling better, I think I might use that once a week to things get back to normal. but still call you doctor. take care
Gina F
on 8/15/04 11:48 pm - Belton, TX
Hate to be so blunt -- but are you having bowel movements? That was making me feel that way for awhile. A little milk of magnesia and I was all better. I think with a stricture you throw up everything you try to swallow. Call your doc! Hugz, Gina
IrishIze
on 8/16/04 11:14 pm - NJ
I go every morning like clockwork - and it usually loose (I'm sorry to be so blunt too!!). Sometimes it's a couple of times - I don't know where it's coming from because I'm sure not eating that much!! Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views