GROSS ALERT!! Green #2 Anyone??

NadineM
on 8/13/04 2:16 am - Vancouver, WA
OK, I know it may be from all the Iron I am taking....but how long will this last???? I am taking about 130mg a day and I was so constipated for 2 days, I took some Milk of Mag. and waited then it happened and then I went another 2 days nothing then I took another dose of Milk of Mag, and finally I am clearing out, but it's pea green soup! (sorry, to be so graphic) Anyone else having this problem?? Thanks.....!!! Also, my scale again is NOT budging........I wonder if it's because I have been so backed up? Nadine 214/190/110?
Tanja Y
on 8/13/04 2:46 am - Wahiawa, HI
I almost asked this same question the other day......but mine was yellowish/orange. Then it dawned on me it's the same color as my liquid vitamins. I am so far away from being normal when it comes to the bathroom, but my surgeon told me that would happen. Instead of the pre-surgery daily trip, now I go 3-4 or occasionally more between BM's. I hope you start feeling more normal soon. ~Tanja
IrishIze
on 8/13/04 3:48 am - NJ
Yup, me too. I'm only taking iron (Ferrous Sulfate) every three days because I've had a hysterectomy. Still, green...... Hugs, Nancy
Debra O.
on 8/13/04 5:38 am - Chino, CA
Why are you guys taking iron? My Dr. never said I needed it. My BM's are normal, only once every 3 days...lol
Natalie M.
on 8/13/04 6:27 am - Baltimore, MD
I am also still green and my PCP said it is from the iron. I was also sent home with a presciption for a stool softener but so far I haven't needed it. The iron is for women whou are still menstruating but is recommended by the dietician and the surgeon.
NadineM
on 8/13/04 7:46 am - Vancouver, WA
Hmmmmm....very interesting! I was told I needed to take 60mg and I guess I screwed up because I was taking it every day and 2X a day @65mg maybe that's why I have been so damn blocked up!!! My paperwork I got with the list of Vitamins says Iron (with Vitamin C) of course I just noticed that as well......I guess it helps to read everything. It's so strange I was reading many people's posts and they are only taking it 3 times a week.....I haven't had my post-op dietician meeting so I guess I will have to ask her then. Your Dr. never told you to take Debra? Thanks everyone and Debra....! Nadine
emmalousmom
on 8/14/04 1:44 pm - Wawa, Canada
Any woman that is still having their period is suppose to take iron, i only take it every second day, scared to get constipated. Louise
Lalocaweta
on 8/13/04 7:40 am - Spicewood, TX
While I only go about once every 3 days...It is green then....(I am so that you asked this question...I have been wondering if there was something wrong with me....) FYI - I have found when the constipation gets rough - that an Aikins shake will help me out in that area....Not sure if it affects everyone that way. But - I figure if I can get some protein out of the treatment for the constipation - I will go for it! Anne 260/229/150
odel D.
on 8/14/04 5:23 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
Hello, I have just come on to this message board. I had my surgery on July 15th. I am green too! and can't ever go unless I take Milk of Magnesia, I am wondering if I will ever have a normal BM. I called my doctor because this was concerning me, has not responded to my call yet. But after reading your messages, I realize this must be part of the normal healing process, since I am not the only one experiencing constipation! I used to be so normal, I miss it! Odel Dori
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views