I put up a picture

Tanja Y
on 8/12/04 2:40 pm - Wahiawa, HI
In my profile, if anybody is interested. I took it today to send to my dh in Iraq. It's not that great, but it shows my new haircut and the 52 pounds I've lost. ~Tanja
SeeMeNow
on 8/12/04 10:25 pm - Amery, WI
good for you Tanja! Your husband will not recognise you when he gets home! 52 lbs in 18 days is astounding! My BMI going into surgery was 39.3 and surgery was on 7-21-04. I have only lost 14 lbs since surgery. That was 23 days ago. It is depressing, but, I know that being a "lightweight" I wont get the fast results others do. You are doing well and I hope all continues to do so for you. Keep us posted! Barb open rny 7/21/04 -14 lbs
IrishIze
on 8/12/04 11:21 pm - NJ
Tanja - What an amazing weight loss!! Congratulations!!! Your picture looks great and I like the length of your hair. It's very flattering to your face. I got my hair cut last year after 15 years of it down to the middle of my back - and I got it cut short!! What a difference! I save a lot on shampoo!! Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/13/04 2:26 am - Oxnard, CA
You look fabulous!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!
Tanja Y
on 8/13/04 2:35 am - Wahiawa, HI
Thanks everyone. I was very nervous about posting a picture, still extreemly self concious about the way I look, but people were asking me. LOL So I decided what the heck. You can't see it in that picture very well, but I had to roll the waistband down 3 times so I could pull the pants up because they were already so baggy in the crotch area.....they were hanging off of me down there and it looked so bad. I can't wait to see the doc again so I can weigh in again. Might have to give in and buy a scale since I don't see the doctor again for several weeks. ~Tanja
Debra O.
on 8/13/04 5:36 am - Chino, CA
Wow wish I could lose 52lbs in 18 days. Im 4 weeks post op and have only lost 27lbs Debra
odel D.
on 8/14/04 5:32 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
When I started this journey to find an answer to my weight, I was 348 and also looking for a wheelchair! By the time I got my surgery on 7/15/04, I had managed to lose down to 327 almost by pure starvation and being on fruits and vegetables only. After surgery, I am so glad to see that I am finally away from the 300 lb mark and down to 286 lbs! I have lost over 40 lbs since the surgery and all my clothes are starting to fit baggy, especially the pants! I am into my 5th week and starting to feel so much better, other then the energy levels, can't seem to regain that yet. Odel Dori
Naaazah
on 8/14/04 1:07 am - Killeen, TX
Hooray for Tanja. You look awesome girl. My hubby is getting ready to leave for iraq aug 15. I cant wait till he returnes after a year to see the new me too. Your doing great keep it up!!! Shameka
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views