Pringles....

Lalocaweta
on 8/13/04 7:37 am - Spicewood, TX
I am a little different in my thought patterns from many on here (especially some of the food Nazi's on the main message board.) I went into this surgery very well informed - and I said from the beginning that I was not going to give up every type of "junk" food in the world. Nor, did I say I was going to eat healthy 100% of the time. I think it is important to have pleasures in life - and if you are finding pleasure in 2 or 3 Pringles a day - go for it. The key is knowing how to control your pleasure seeking.... Anne
IrishIze
on 8/13/04 9:16 am - NJ
After the people on the main board responded to my post about the Pringles, I felt so guilty and got so afraid that I was screwing up!! I went to Trader Joe's today and got Soy Crisps (white cheddar flavor). They have 14g carbs and 7g protein for 18 chips. I haven't tried them yet because my pouchy is grouchy today, but hopefully they'll satisfy that urge. Thanks, Nancy
IrishIze
on 8/13/04 9:31 am - NJ
I just tried the Trader Joe's Soy Crisps and they are awesome!! I just ate two of them - hey at least it gave me a gram of protein!! Now I don't feel so bad! Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/04 9:49 am - Somewhere Else
I'm glad you found a snack that doesn't make you feel guilty...but Nancy, remember, you have a whole lifetime ahead of you, don't deny yourself everything forever. As I said before...this tool we were given is to help us learn to eat in moderation, and you need to have some faith in yourself too. I'm sure you're going to do amazingly well...just never get down or feel guilty about enjoying a snack now and then...heck my BF even bought me a caramel chocolate bar because that combination is my favourite...needless to say, that little bar will take me a week to eat..lol..but at least I can enjoy it without hating myself. Those soy chips sound interesting...I may look for them up here...might try pork rinds too, never had them before, but they sound yummy. Linda
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/13/04 11:17 pm - Oxnard, CA
I hear so many good things about Trader Joe's!! Wish we had them in the midwest!!!! Nancy........sweetie, dont beat yourself up. Fat free Pringles I dont think are that bad, and if you tolerated them, well then thats great.
IrishIze
on 8/13/04 11:23 pm - NJ
I saw on the Trader Joe's site that they are soon coming to Brentwood, MO - I don't know if that's near you or not. If it's even an hour away, it would be well worth the trip. They have protein powder and loads of protein bars. I also bought turkey meatballs, salad shrimp, and tuna and salmon burgers which are delicious. Thanks for your support - guess I felt a bit scolded by the responses I got on the main board.... Hugs, Nancy
Marcy B.
on 8/14/04 6:18 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Niancy: I think the bottom line is that we`all have to be true to ourselves. This is NOT just another diet -not by a long shot. I am very tempted by alot of different foods-and so far I have done really well sticking to the food plan mapped out for me by a nutrionist. I am usually the queen of the game players when it comes to dieting. I ALWAYS have to be in control and make the rules. That pigheadedness and control freak in me is what helped to balloon my weight up to 368lbs. I decided after the surgery- that I am no longer going to make my own rules about food. By relinquishing that control- and asking for and accepting the advice of professionals who know more than me- I hope that will keep me out of trouble. We all know in the grand scheme of things a couple of fat free pringles aren't going to kill you. Only you know for yourself if that is heading you down a path that you do not want to go. We are all struggling with the same issues- and no one among us should be playing food Nazi for anyone else. Whatever you decide for you has to be OK
emmalousmom
on 8/14/04 1:47 pm - Wawa, Canada
I bought a can of salted cashews, and every day have around 5, they are nuts and protein and no carbs. Try that, also pork rinds are good and lots of protien. Louise
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views